X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Olaf
    • Nov 2003

RB-1080 humming / ground loop

Dear All,

Like many of you I had a ground loop problem caused by my cable TV connection. Via my dealer in India I was able to obtain a ground breaker (which he had imported from China). This ground isolator was based on breaking the ground connection using I believe windings much like a tranformer would do.

Unfortunately I had to remove this one almost immediately as it severly degraded my normal TV reception.

During a recent business trip to the Netherlands I have found the perfect isolator at CONRAD.NL named Axing TZU 10-02 (19,95 EURO) which is based on breaking the ground loop using capacitors.

This one works PERFECTLY :LOL: .

No humming sound from the RB-1080 anymore and equally important no visible degradation of my normal TV picture.

Just thought I share the good news.

Regards,
    Olaf
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Glad you were able to find a solution Olaf You still might want to try to get your cable company to actually correct the problem at the source but hey, ignorance is bliss isn't it

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
    Jason

Comment

• Olaf
      • Nov 2003

Jason,

I live in India and the cable TV infrastructure is slightly different from what you are likely to have in Canada.

I know for a fact (have seen it with my own eyes) that a single cable feeds the entire building and that "cheap" splitters are installed (actually hanging on the ceiling) per floor in the building to feed the individual apartments. Within each apartment the cable is split into four to five connections depending on the size of the apartment.

I have had a call with the cable company but they have not got a clue as to what I was talking about. After my call was transferred 6 times in a row I gave up.

Anyway I am happy with my solution.

Regards,
      Olaf

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

You might be surprised how many similarities the Indian and Canadian cable companies have (Especially, employees who "...have not got a clue as to what I was talking about.")

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
        Jason

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"