I did it :-) ROTEL & B&W combi is on its way ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thor
    • Jan 2004

I did it :-) ROTEL & B&W combi is on its way ...

thanx guys for your help in finding a good configuration

yesterday i bought my new toys:

1x Rotel RSX1065
    4x B&W 603 S3
    1x B&W LCR600
    1x B&W ASW650
    with R&W CDC6 cables

my only problem is - what SACD Player ? Rotel
    hates this format ? - no player available or planned :-(

Anyone can help out ?

bye,
    thor
  • jimmyp58
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

Thor:

Why not consider a universal player (plays both dvd-a & sacd)? For example, a Denon DVD-2200, 2900, or if you've got a lot of bucks to spend, a DVD-5900.

Jim
    jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

• kneptune
      • Jan 2004

Thor,

I have the Denon DV-2200 with a Rotel RSP-1098 and it sounds fantastic! I could not hear any appreciable difference between the DV-2200 and DV-2900, so I saved a little money and went with the 2200. Didn't audition the 5900 however as the dealer didn't stock it (special order only).

I too wish Rotel had a universal player, but the Denons are a great substitue.

Kevin

Comment

• kneptune
        • Jan 2004

Thor,

I have the Denon DV-2200 with a Rotel RSP-1098 and it sounds fantastic! I could not hear any appreciable difference between the DV-2200 and DV-2900, so I saved a little money and went with the 2200. Didn't audition the 5900 however as the dealer didn't stock it (special order only).

I too wish Rotel had a universal player, but the Denons are a great substitue.

Kevin

Comment

• thor
          • Jan 2004

thanx for your replies - kevin - how u think about the cd sound ? some people in other forums said that it is a little bit loud (spinning) and the cd sound is not as good as they thought ...

so long,

thorsten

p.s.: a rotel multi player would be cool - but some salesman told me that
          he think the actual players were maybe bought from another company ... because quality isnĀ“t as good as before ... but canĀ“t anything about it - never had one ...

Comment

• Claude D D
            • Jan 2003

I'm happy with my Philips DVD963SA.See my review in the Home Theater section of this forum.

Comment

• kneptune
              • Jan 2004

Thor,

I have not noticed any unusual noise when a disk is spinning, it as quiet as any other CD/DVD player I had in the past.

Concerning CD sound quality it is good, but I still prefer to listen to CDs on my Rotel RCD-971 CD player which I still have. But I am trying to build my music library on DVD-A and SACD going forward. For the new hi-rez formats, I am very, very satisfied with the DVD-2200.

The video quality is also the best I've personally had over an older JVC and Panasonic DVD players going back several years.

Rather than purchasing the Denon DVD-2900 -- I recommend the DVD-2200 for video and multichannel DVD-A/SACD and then purchase a good used Rotel CD player (ie., RCD-971 Stereophile class-C rated, say on audiogon.com) - all total you'd spend about the same amount of dough, but then you'd have the near-best of all worlds.

Regards,
              Kevin

Comment

• thor
                • Jan 2004

hi kevin,

thanks for your reply, cool strategy - havenĀ“t thought about such a thing - but would be a nice combi - right now - checking ebay and some internet shops :-)

ciao,
                thorsten

Comment

• Al K
                  • Feb 2004

Thor,

check out the posting SACD any opinions in forum: audio hideout!

Al

Comment

• Britchie
                    • Nov 2003

I had a denon 2900 and returned it for the Pioneer Elite dv-59avi. The Pioneer is a better DVD player and I couldn't notice a difference playing SACD or DVDA or Redbook CD's so I went w/ the Pioneer for my 1098.

Hope this helps and doen't make things more confusing. I don't think you could go wrong with either player though.

Brad

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"