1092 for mains and 1077 for surrounds, who can do the math?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • obiwan
    • Jul 2005

1092 for mains and 1077 for surrounds, who can do the math?

Just wondering if one was to get the 1092 for mains and the 1077 for surrounds, would most processors still have enough adjustment in the level controls to level match the 500W per channel mains with the 100W per channel for all the remaining channels?
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

Hi,

This is about 6db more power... However Rotel (like most manufacturers) try to keep the gain of their amps similar within a DB or two so you don't have this problem... According to their web site the gain on the RB-1092 is 27.2 db, while the gain on the RMB-1077 is 27.4db

What this means is that for the same input, the RB-1092 actually 0.2 db softer (which is inaudable). The extra power rating means though it can go much louder in response to musical peaks and drive more difficult loads.

I'm considering the same thing!

Geoff

Comment

• bigburner
      Super Senior Member
      • May 2005

Originally posted by Aussie Geoff
      What speakers would you drive with the 1092?

Comment

• Kobus
        • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Aussie Geoff
        Hi,

Geoff

Same here, centre bi-amped with the 1077.

But I'm only at the beginning of the upgrade research.

Kobus

Comment

• obiwan
          • Jul 2005

What speakers do I have? I have 2 pairs of mains and I keep swapping them in and out, they both have properties I like. I have the Dynaudio Contour S5.4's and the Dynaudio Special 25's. I also have a Velodyne DD15 sub and Contour SR's for surrounds and centre.

The other thought I had was to perhaps go with the Special 25's and get a DEQX preamp/fancy crossover thingy and just get the 1077. Then I could then bypass the Special 25's crossover and use the DEQX (http://deqx.com/stereo.html) with 4 channels of the 1077 and the Velodyne to make a flat frequency, phase correct triamped stereo system. That would then leave 3 channels on the 1077 for centre and 2 rears.

Food for thought.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"