X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matt Zielinski
    • Feb 2004

Rotel DVD players

Does Rotel make good DVD player, has anyone know if anyone review and compare them to high end Denon or Pioneer players. My Sony DVD player still works it use to be a reference player. It doesn’t have progressive scanning and that’s y I would like to update it.
    Rotel will fit in nicely with the rest of Rotel components. But I heard some layer switching problems with RDV-1060. Does any one have any info on those players; also is Rotel using high-end video components in their players. If they are y there is layer switching problem. Can any one help me with this information.
    I really don’t care about multi format player all I would like to have is the player from Rotel that works for movies with out a any problems and surprises.
    THX

Matt
    Room 11x22x7.5
    Rotel-1098/1075/1050
    Sony-KF50WE610/DVP-S7700
    ExpressVu Dish and HD cable Box
    B&W speakers: CDM 9NT; HTM7; CDM SNT
    Matt
    Room 11x22x7.5
    Rotel-1098/1075/1050
    Sony-KF50WE610/DVP-S7700
  • Matt Zielinski
    • Feb 2004

Any one, with Rotel player how do you like it.

Matt
    Room 11x22x7.5
    Rotel-1098/1075/1050
    Sony-KF50WE610/DVP-S7700
    Matt
    Room 11x22x7.5
    Rotel-1098/1075/1050
    Sony-KF50WE610/DVP-S7700

Comment

• mazuly
      • Feb 2003

Hi,

I have a RDV-1080 and not the newer players but I hope this helps. The CD playback is very good but not as good as a mid price dedicated CD player for example RCD-1072 from Rotel. DVD-Audio is excellent. Picture in both progressive and interlaced are also very good, but a little soft in progressive. The player does have a slow layer change. The bass management is not bad for DVD-Audio but not exceptional. Finally it does not play any CD-Rs and can be picky with CD-RWs. To summarize it is a very good player and I am very happy with it.

I just like to point out that my first DVD player was this player and I did not have any experience with other players before buying this player. Would I buy another Rotel player, I would if they offer SACD playback as well as DVI and/or HDMI output.

Thanks,
      Maziar

Comment

• Matt Zielinski
        • Feb 2004

1080 is no longer available in Canada, 1060 has a layer switching problem,
        Andrew do you have any news on 1050, does it have the same problem as 1060
        THX

Matt
        Room 11x22x7.5
        Rotel-1098/1075/1050
        Sony-KF50WE610/DVP-S7700
        Matt
        Room 11x22x7.5
        Rotel-1098/1075/1050
        Sony-KF50WE610/DVP-S7700

Comment

• Elmac
          • Apr 2004

Does any one have any news on RDV1050 yet.
          THX

Matt
          Room 11x22x7.5
          Rotel-1098/1075/1050
          Sony-KF50WE610/DVP-S7700
          Elmac
          All HT Signals Processed by D2 for Ultimate Experience

Comment

• padillon
            • Feb 2004

Just one quick comment. I have had my RDV-1060 since February and based on my experience, I don't know why all the complaints about layer switching. I have watched many movies since I got it and while there is a slight hesitation, it's certainly not worse than the Pioneer Elite DV-37 I used prior to the Rotel. When I purchased the RDV-1060 from my Rotel dealer, I mentioned this potential problem and he assured me that Rotel was aware and had resolved the issue prior to shipping the version I would receive. I am extremely happy with the audio and video performance of this unit and would recommend it to anyone. One caveat though, make sure the disc is clean. The RDV-1060 is not nearly as tolerant of dirt as my Pioneer was.

Comment

• spiffnme
              • Apr 2003

The issue I have with the Rotel DVD players is that they can't playback SACD, and they have no form of digital output, DVI or HDMI. If you don't care about SACD, and you don't have (or plan on getting) and digital TV, then the only remaining problem would be the layer change delay. It may be slight, but for the price you're paying, there shouldn't be one at all.

I'm currently using a Pioneer 563a, and I'm only moderately satisfied. It too has the layer change pause, and it too is VERY fussy about scratches or dirt on your discs. That's fine and dandy when I play my own discs, but I tend to rent quite a few movies, and buy a great deal of movies used. There's nothing more frustrating than watching a movie and having the picture and sound freeze halfway through! Arrrrg! :x

I'm planning on getting a new TV next year, most likely a new xHD3 DLP set. By that time I'm hoping Rotel has released a DVD player like the one I "invented", the RDV-1090. h:

www.funnyfarmcomics.net
              All Daredevil, All the Time!

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"