• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • style
    Super Senior Member
    • Feb 2006

New Rps 1099 !!!

Hy,

i want to buy to combo RSP1098 & RMB1075. Surprise, my dealer in Zürich /Switzerland say my to waiting.
    in 4-5 month the new RPS 1099 is available!! Do you have this news from
    everybody received??
  • Wolfenstein 2k2
    • Jun 2004

There have been some rumors about Rotel´s new preamp-processor flagship, but as far as I know neither a specific name (RSP-1099 seems to be plausible though) nor a release date was mentioned (probably end of ´06).

Google: http://64.27.11.233/forum/showthread.php4?t=7899 :B

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

Yeah I heard fall of 06.
      Jason

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
        Super Senior Member
        • Oct 2003

Style,

The RSP-1099 is understood to have some very nice features such as:
        > HDMI Switching
        > HDMI Upscaling to 1080p
        > (Possibly) HDMI 1.3 support - still to be confirmed, otherwise 1.2
        > Room Equalisation
        > An all new generation processor
        > Sound quality is similar to the RSP-1098...

Rotel's dates on these things slip all the time so it is up to you whether you jump now or wait... (i.e. it could be 4-5 months or a year - depends how long it takes to slip out the final bugs in what is an advanced unit...

Also - seriously consider the RMB-1077 instead of the RMB-1075 - a wise investment!

Geoff

Comment

• w6000
          • Dec 2003

I don't understand the HDMI video switching being incorporated into this processor. Maybe I am missing something, but why would Rotel develop the RVE 1070 and then put the same technology into the 1099. It would probably be cheaper for me to sell my 1098 and buy this, rather than buy the RVE-1070. Except for the sound being processed directly through the HDMI, what is the advantage?

Comment

• aud19
            Twin Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2003

I believe the 1070 is a scaler not just a switcher for one, it will likely have more than the 2-3 HDMI inputs the 1099 is likely to have etc
            Jason

Comment

• w6000
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by aud19
              I believe the 1070 is a scaler not just a switcher for one, it will likely have more than the 2-3 HDMI inputs the 1099 is likely to have etc
              Thanks, Aussie Geoff said "HDMI Upscaling to 1080p" in his post so I got worried.

Comment

• Mark1Ace1
                • Jun 2005

Room equalisation certainly keeps me interested - auto calibration with mic, who knows?!. Defo get rid of the TFT, I prefer the Dot Matrix. Add THX - I know a lot of folks say you don't need it, but hey most of the top brands have it, so why not Rotel

Mark

Comment

• Kevin D
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Mark1Ace1
                  Add THX - I know a lot of folks say you don't need it, but hey most of the top brands have it, so why not Rotel

Mark
                  Because I would actually lose respect for Rotel if they went back to getting stuff THX approved. I didn't like THX when the stamp actually meant something, now days I could care less.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Mark1Ace1
                    • Jun 2005

Each to their own ...

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"