Monitorless audio playback via VFD - plausible?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Fryguy
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2006
    • 108

    #1

    Monitorless audio playback via VFD - plausible?

    I would like to do a setup in which if I want to listen to music using my HTPC (assuming it either has a large hard drive with all of the music installed, or has a network connection to the required media), that a VFD on the case would be sufficient for navigating to get this one. IE. play music without turning on the TV.

    Is this plausible, and if not does anyone find any good uses for their VFD?
  • dyazdani
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2005
    • 7032

    #2
    By VFD, you mean a vacuum fluorescent display? Like the little ones on the front of some Pre/pros? I don't see an issue, you could also use a Sqeezebox or something that displays the song and so forth on its own display.

    I'm more used to the usage - variable frequency drive...
    Danish

    Comment

    • Chris D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Dec 2000
      • 16875

      #3
      It sounds like that should be a great way to use the computer.

      What case do you have?
      CHRIS

      Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

      Comment

      • JimmyNeutron
        Junior Member
        • Mar 2006
        • 21

        #4
        Yes, it's plausible.
        My website: www.jimmyneutron.org

        Comment

        Related Topics

        Collapse

        • Bing Fung
          Picked Up a VFD Display
          by Bing Fung
          I picked up a 20x2 Vacuumn Florescent Display for my Lian-Li.

          This one is the do it yourself Noritake that uses the parallel port.

          Following are a few pictures of the process.


          Bare display


          Parts assembled

          ...
          15 March 2002, 21:28 Friday
        • NHT
          2900 vs RCD 1072 for cd playback?
          by NHT
          As some of you already know, Im not impressed with the performance with my new 1098 that I bought two days ago. Let me rephrase that. It sounds good, but not much better than the 1055 Ive used as a pre/pro. Sure, it has a lot more users options and tweakability but soundwise, in my opinion, is not...
          26 September 2004, 23:53 Sunday
        • misterdoggy
          CD better Analog or Digital for Stereo Playback (2)
          by misterdoggy
          With a Pair of 802D's and Krell KAV 2250 and a C1. Playing normal CD or HDCD (2 channel source) for playback in Stereo Mode (only the Fronts) which cable is preferable

          digital or Analog

          Then playback in which mode.

          I was using 804S' for fronts and used DPL...
          26 June 2005, 07:14 Sunday
        • sarsi
          RSP1098, PS3 and Full HD 3D Playback
          by sarsi
          I like to share some of recent experience with my new 3D TV setup with my current Rotel RSP1098/RMB1095 setup. I am hoping this information is useful for anyone with the same configuration out there that are interested to take the 3D plunge.

          I had not been very active in the last couple...
          19 January 2011, 09:03 Wednesday
        • Ben
          Rotel RSP-1066 and SACD/DVD-A playback
          by Ben
          1066 owners – I ‘m asking for advice! I’ve had an RSP 1066 on order since May, when the initial shipment to Australia sold out.

          Now ‘my’ unit is due to arrive in Oz in just a week – and Rotel still has not corrected the bass management issues in the firmware.

          ...
          08 October 2002, 06:43 Tuesday
        • Loading...
        • No more items.
        Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

          Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

          Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"