X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • calbfer99
    • Nov 2003

RDV-1060 Skipping/Freezing???

Hello,
    I have a RDV-1060 and very often it skips or freezes and jumps ahead to the current scene. Even if I back track to the spot it still skips. I played these movies on another player and had no problems. Has anyone else had this type of problem? Is their a problem with the DVD player?

Thanks for any info
    calbfer99
  • padillon
    • Feb 2004

It looks like you have never received a reply. I remember reading your post before ordering my RDV-1060, assured by my dealer that Rotel was looking into it. Now that I have been using my player a little, I have experienced a little of the same problem. And like you, I can play the disk in my Pioneer Elite DV-37 without any difficulty. What I have discovered is that the Rotel has very little tolerance for dirty discs. Every disc that has had a problem, I have solved by cleaning the thumb prints etc. from the surface. I hope that you have already discovered this yourself, or have found another solution. It's a great player both video and DVD-A.

I now have great concerned about continuing my NetFlix subscription.
    Their discs can be pretty nasty.

Comment

• Ken Smith
      • Jan 2004

Sounds just like my Denon 3800 as well as some other Denon models. It took a different laser assy. to fix mine as well as others with this problem. I had to send it to Denon and wait 2 weeks for the fix. If I were you I'd take it back to the dealer and look for something else.
      Thanks for the head's up. I was thinking about this Rotel player but now I think I'll pass. I'm tired of fixes, upgrades, and promises that i have to wait forever for. Usually with Japanese companies the fix comes with the new improved player.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"