X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cdnhifi
    • Mar 2006

Rotel RSX-1057 Receiver

Has anyone else heard anything about this unit?

I was recently in our local Rotel dealer here in Vancouver and asked about the RSX-1056 which I am interested in. After speaking with the sales guy for a few mintues and finding out they did not have the 1056 for demo, he mentioned that he had some new information regarding the replacement for the 1056. Not having heard of anything about a new model I was intrigued!

He basically had a fax from Rotel with a bunch of new models soon to be released and one of them was the RSX-1057. There was not a whole lot of information written in the write up other then it will be pretty much be identical to the 1056 (same power 75x5, and it looked the same in the pic) except that it will have 2x HDMI-in and 1x HDMI-out. He didn't know an exact date but said that if I was in no rush to wait for the 1057 as it will be out this spring.

So, anyone else heard anything about this model or when it may be released?
    System:

Rotel RSP-1066
    Rotel RMB-1075
    Prima 32" LCD
    Energy Conoisseur C-3's, CC-1, CR-3's
    Energy sl-X10 Sub
    Cambridge D-500SE
    Motorolla HD box
  • nikos
    • Dec 2005

:E What else was on the fax....did you see any other goodies??

8O

Thanks for the info...
    Classe SSP-800, Classe CA-5200, B&W 803D, B&W HTM2D, JL Audio Fathom f113 Subwoofer, Rotel RMB-1077(for sale), Oppo DV-983H, Panasonic PT-AE900U Xbox360, Sony PS3, Samsung 8000 Series 55" LCD, Klipsch promedia 5.1 ultra for PC

Comment

• Cdnhifi
      • Mar 2006

Nope that was it.... like I said there was not much on the sheet but the guy said the unit was exact to the 1056 except for the HDMI.... He also figured the price would come in at the same as the 1056... which is pretty nice!
      System:

Rotel RSP-1066
      Rotel RMB-1075
      Prima 32" LCD
      Energy sl-X10 Sub
      Cambridge D-500SE
      Motorolla HD box

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

That's all it is, 1056 plus 2x1 HDMI. It's just an HDMI switch, no converting to HDMI. It should be out when the 1056's run out (2-3 months maybe).

Kevin D.

Comment

• FernandoF
          • Nov 2005

The RSX-1057 is now on the Rotel website :

From a quick glance at its specifications, Rotel’s new RSX-1057 surround sound receiver might seem like just another entry in this very crowded component category. Yet, the RSX-1057 distinguishes itself from the competition during actual use with an overbuilt power supply that delivers the extreme voltage and current required during those explosive soundtracks so prevalent in today’s movies.

Besides HDMI switching, it comes with a different remote and the display seems to be slightly different as well.

Regards,

Fernando

Comment

• boxer82003
            • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Cdnhifi
            Has anyone else heard anything about this unit?

I was recently in our local Rotel dealer here in Vancouver and asked about the RSX-1056 which I am interested in. After speaking with the sales guy for a few mintues and finding out they did not have the 1056 for demo, he mentioned that he had some new information regarding the replacement for the 1056. Not having heard of anything about a new model I was intrigued!

He basically had a fax from Rotel with a bunch of new models soon to be released and one of them was the RSX-1057. There was not a whole lot of information written in the write up other then it will be pretty much be identical to the 1056 (same power 75x5, and it looked the same in the pic) except that it will have 2x HDMI-in and 1x HDMI-out. He didn't know an exact date but said that if I was in no rush to wait for the 1057 as it will be out this spring.

So, anyone else heard anything about this model or when it may be released?
            what store in vancouver also how are there prices
            Main Linn Ninka
            Center Linn AV5120
            Rear Linn Ninka
            Sub B&W ASW 650

Processor Rotel RSP-1570
            Amp Rotel RMB-1075

Comment

• Cdnhifi
              • Mar 2006

boxer82003,

As I responded in another post regarding Rotel dealers in Vancouver, HiFi Centre is the place in downtown Vancouver for Rotel stuff.

They listed the Rotel 1056 at $2000 but just work them for a better deal as you can get quite a bit knocked off (especially now if they still have 1056's left and HDMI is not that important to you)
              System:

Rotel RSP-1066
              Rotel RMB-1075
              Prima 32" LCD
              Energy sl-X10 Sub
              Cambridge D-500SE
              Motorolla HD box

Comment

• moe32274
                • Nov 2005

I purchased my 1057 last week in New York City - the dealer quoted me the same retail price as the 1056 - plus I got a discount.

Comment

• Sim reality
                  • Aug 2005

If you don't need to audition them there is a place in Richmond in landsdown mall called Westminster Stereo that has 1 or 2 RSX-1056 in stock and they gave me 20+% discount...

Comment

• sirbogey
                    • Mar 2006

thanks for sharing. I've been looking to upgrade from my RSX-1055 for a while now. Maybe that's the way to go.

It comes with 3 x 12V triggers I read...

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"