X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nolan B
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2005

LFE Redirect with RSX 1067 ?

I was wondering if someone could sched a little light for me on this. Why would the output of the SUB dramatically drop when I have the LFE off vs on? Does the redict ONLY determine if the LFE is sent to the speakers as well as the sub? My PV1 has an auto turn on when it sense LFE. Today when I put the best of Seal DVD A it didnt turn on until i switched the LFE redirect to on, then when I switched it back to off the LFE was almost completly gone from the sub.

Thanks in advance
  • Clepto
    • Feb 2006

Also depends on your crossover setting if your speakers are set up as 'large' or 'small'....

There might not be a lot (any) LFE specific info

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

With DVDA's and SACD, there may not be a lot of LFE. They give you the option of purist (all 6 channels as they come), or LFE redirect (low frequency info form the 5 main channels plus the .1 get sent to the sub).

So if the disc doesn't have enough .1 information for you, flick redirect on.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"