X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • daidavel
    • Jan 2004

RSP-1098 STANDBY Mode

The manual says that in Standby mode you have to press the power on the front of the unit, or use the power on the remote control to turn the unit on. I'm finding that pressing ANY key on the remote turns on the unit. This is a little bit annoying, because I have a Pronto Remote, which I have programmed to send the correct input source to the Rotel when the "TV" device is selected on Pronto. Now if someone selects "TV" on Pronto, the Rotel will come on (which then triggers my amps, etc.). Sometimes we just want to watch TV for a few minutes without the whole system on ... I was wondering if others are noticing the same behaviour or there is some setup I'm missing ...
    Thanks!
    Dave
  • mazuly
    • Feb 2003

Hi,

I am not sure how Pronto works since I do not have one, but RSP-1098 powers on when you press and HOLD the buttons on the remote, and not just by pressing them. You may have programmed Pronto to send a press and hold signal and that is why RSP-1098 powers on.

Maybe Andrew can help on this since I think he uses a Pronto remote.

Thanks,
    Maziar

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"