X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spinners
    • Feb 2006

picked up RB 1070 today

Hello fellow rotelians,

Picked up a RB 1070 today, to pair with my RSX 1056 and DV 1050.
    Wow! Great transparancy, imaging detail and deep lows.
    At first I was a bit worried about these things running hot, as I read often
    on this forum, but mine doesn't break a sweat. I talked to my dealer about it,
    he said european units differ from north american units. Dunno if that's true,
    all I can say this baby drives my Klipsch Reference smooth and clean. No need for 1080 in my case. I'm happy!!!!
    RSX1056, RB1070, RDV1050, RCD 1072, Dali IKON 2, 2x REL Quake II
  • gianni
    • Nov 2002

Congrats on the 1070.

For how long have you run your speakers with the 1056? Where would you say you notice the most improvement with the 1070?

Comment

• grit
      • Jan 2005

IMO, lots of people think they run hot b/c they keep them in cabinets that are enclosed (eg, the only opening is the front. My cabinet has no sides, front or rear, allowing for great ventilation. Also, I never stack anything on my amps. So far, I've never had a problem; my 1075 always ran cool.

Comment

• Joey_V
        • Jul 2005

Congrats on the 1070!! Glad you like it! :T
        Analog: VPI Scoutmaster w/ Steel Delrin clamp + Dynavector 20XH cart
        Digital: SB3 + PS Audio Digital Link III DAC
        System: Cary Audio SLP-98P Tube Preamplifier w/ Sylvanias -> Plinius SA102 Class A amplifier -> Martin Logan SUMMITS/Strata Minis -> 8O (me)

Comment

• bleeding ears
          • Nov 2004

Spinners, what may be different between the Euro and Nth American units could be the voltage they operate at.

I think Europe uses 230-240 volt whereas I think the US etc use 120 Volt.

I am not sure how that changes any issues with heat in the units but I would suspect the higher the volts the higher the heat produced.

Perhaps someone with an electrical knowledge could add something here.

Pete

Comment

• JDH
            • Sep 2004

Actually the higher the voltage the lower the current will be in the primary winding of the transformer.

The heat disipation should be about the same between the a Euro or US voltage unit as the heat generated is mostly from the transistors/heatsinks rather than the transformer. The heat generated will depend on how hard your driving the amp with your specific speakers.

I own and RB-1080 and RB-1070, the RB-1070 only ever gets luke warm while the RB-1080 gets alot hotter.

Originally posted by bleeding ears
            Spinners, what may be different between the Euro and Nth American units could be the voltage they operate at.

I am not sure how that changes any issues with heat in the units but I would suspect the higher the volts the higher the heat produced.

Pete
            Bits of HT & 2ch Stuff: Rotel, Pro-ject, Oppo, Bel Canto, Elektra Audio, Benchmark, Panasonic, DSPeaker, Epson, Slim Devices, Belkin, Philips Pronto, Harmony, URC, Sennheisser, AKG, HTPC under development, KEF, Whatmough, Definitive Technology & Pardigm Signiture speakers

Comment

• spinners
              • Feb 2006

Originally posted by gianni
              Congrats on the 1070.

For how long have you run your speakers with the 1056? Where would you say you notice the most improvement with the 1070?
              I used my 1056 with my Klipsch RF for only 3 weeks. For me 2 ch. music
              is important, so I bought the rb 1070.
              I would say the sound is more full and transparant. Also vocals are really clean, I can actually hear the breathing of the singers. Quiet passages are
              really quiet! Imaging and soundstage improved, and the sound is less 'forced'
              (don't know the english word for it, I'm from Netherlands)
              Still very happy!!

Comment

• spinners
                • Feb 2006

Originally posted by bleeding ears

Pete
                Thanks,

Don't know about technical differences. I do know about the pricedifference over here. Much more expensive then in US.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"