X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theMaximus
    • Jul 2004

Questions: Bi-amping RSX-1056 and RB-1070

I'm currently using the preamp output of RSX-1056 along with RB-1070 2-channel amp to power B&W 704s, which are connected by AudioQuest GR8 bi-wire cables. I'm wondering if I would get improvement in sound by driving the 704's HF driver with front channels of RSX-1056 and Mid/Bass driver with RB-1070. I did have some cheap speaker wires (Monster XP) laying around, but I don't think they would provide good representation of what the actual changes in sound quality would be if I used a pair of high quality speaker wires. I have tried using the cheap cables to verify that this set-up can work, but I had hard time detecting any major changes in sound quality other than driving the HF driver with 1056 produced a little mellower highs than biwiring RB-1070 to drive both HF and LF drivers of B&W 704. Has anyone tried similar set-up or have some theoratical opinions that you can share? I wanted to get some expert opinions before I would hate to shell out $$$ to buy new cables just to try out (even though I may have to).
    Victory Shall Be Mine!!! :heh:
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

As you wouldn't be doing a "true bi-amp" you likely won't notice a huge, if any, difference. (A true bi-amp requires a crossover prior to amplification, not in the speaker.) Unfortunately the only way you'll know is to try it. Also though the cables will make a difference IMO, it won't be night and day and if you can't really tell using your existing cables I doubt there'd be that much more of a difference.

Jason
    Jason

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"