X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BruinsFan
    • Sep 2004

Rotel 1067 vs 1056 + RB 1070

What's the difference between Rotel 1067 and 1056 + RB 1070 (mains redirected to provide 7.1 setup)? The 1067 would have more power all around but the 1056/1070 would give more and I would think better power to the mains. There's about a $200 price difference I think - so what else am I missing in this comparison?

I like the 1056+1070 option myself but I would like to hear other opinions.

Other info: I run Klipsch RF5, RC7, RSW15. I see the center possibly being the week link getting only 75watts. But from what I read Rotel is more accurate then others in stating their power output and Klipsch are efficient.

I like the Rotel 1056 - it's a good entry level leaving room (and money) for expension into seperates.
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Sounds like a good plan to me :T With the efficient Klipsh's you should have no problems re: power and the 1070 will be all the better for 2-channel. Another option you might want to explore is the 1068/1075 unless you need 7.1.

Jason
    Jason

Comment

• BruinsFan
      • Sep 2004

I think I'll go with the 1056. Feedback has been positive as good place to start.

the 1068/1075 would be nice but more then I want to spend out of the gates. I still need a DVD player and the 1068 doesn't even have a tuner I think. Plus I need a seperate amp for my in home audio and I'd like to get to a 7.1 as soon as possible since I have the speakers for it.

Comment

• Azeke
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2003

Step up one level and purchase the RB-1080 with the 1056, if your budget allows.

BTW 7.1 with Dolby Pro IIx is a beautiful thing, you won't be disappointed.

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• BruinsFan
          • Sep 2004

you're right. I'm not disappointed - and I haven't even received the additional amps yet. maybe I'm just easy to please.

Comment

• DrJRapp
            Super Senior Member
            • Apr 2003

Hi Guy!

Glad to see you decided to stop by and join the club. It's been a pleasure chatting with you over on the Klipsch Boards (I'm JAmP over there) and walking the walk with you through the purchase of your first Rotel gear. Club Rotel is the essential resource for many things...including Rotel gear...lol. I hope you become a strong contributor over here at Club Rotel.
            Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• BruinsFan
              • Sep 2004

thanks - yes I found my way here on your recommendation. Helped my decision. I'm quite pleased with my purchases. I don't mind contributing - I just have to figure out what I'm talking about first...........

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"