X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ramani
    • Feb 2006

intialization of processor for rotel 1068 processor

Hi,first of all i am new to this forum and best wishes to each and everybody.
    i have a rotel 1068 processor and would like to know if the processor can be
    initialized as is the case with other makes such as denon etc.
    (please dont get confused with resetting to factory defaults,which ony resets
    the parameters)
    what i mean is holding down certain buttons while powering on the unit,which
    resets the internal processor to the default level.
    i request somebody to give me some answers to this.
    hoping to visit the forum quite often,
    thanks and regards
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

I'm not aware of an initializing command. The factory default resets everything; input settings, levels, speaker sizes, etc. Are you looking for something like a reboot function?

Maybe letting us know why you want an initializing button will let us help you better.

Welcome to the forum!

Kevin D.

Comment

• ramani
      • Feb 2006

thank u very much mr.Kevin D.ur response is highly appreciated.
      i have a aproblem with my rotel 1068 processor.it decodes dolby digital
      and dts signals from a dvd alright.but when it comes to decoding
      dts encoded audio cd's(encoded with surcode cd pro dts,thats the 16bit
      44.1 Khz stuff)connected to the digital optical or co-axial.u only get a
      muffled output.
      in a similar situation, a Denon 3803 reciever on re- initialization got reset alright.
      they have given such a command, apart from the usual default factory
      setting command.they have stated that, on rare occations the microcomputer, due to static electricity or interferene can cause faulty operation,which can be rectified by this action.
      rotel's product leaflet does'nt mention any such thing,that's the reason
      for my query.
      i hope u have got my point.if u have any ideas,please help.
      best wihes and regards,byee.

Comment

• Brent S
        • Jan 2005

I am also not aware of any re-initialization command.

However, I believe I am familiar with your audio CD DTS (44.1kHz) problem. I noticed that my RSX-1056 could not lock on to one of my DTS CD's (Sting, Nothing Like the Sun) right after I bought it. Just heard a static-y noise. But it was decoded fine by my old receiver. So I took the disc to my dealer and he tried it with a couple different Rotel units (1068, 1098, etc) and none of them would decode it. Then he tried it with a Sony and a Denon and neither of them had problems. Finally I tried another DTS CD (Eagles, Hell Freezes Over) and I had no problems decoding this one with my Rotel. So, either Rotel's DTS decoder operates on the hairy edge of what is acceptable, or the DTS CD's have some variance in the way they are encoded, or both. Personally, this is just a small annoyance for me because I only have a handful of these CD's, and I don't see this format exploding. In fact it's probably had its day. And, like you, I have never had trouble decoding DD or DTS DVD's. Now, to be honest with you, this was all with an older firmware version (1.15 or something) and now I'm running 1.22, so maybe they have made improvements. I haven't checked lately. Sorry for the long-winded story.

Comment

• ramani
          • Feb 2006

thank u mr.Brent S for ur information.now i thnk u may be right in ur
          assessment of the dts cd situation.but as far as i know there is only
          one encoder ie.MINNETONKA AUDIO'S SURCODE DVD ENCODER which has
          a standard procedure for encoding such dvd audio.as u have mentioned
          i also did try originally recorded stuff,but with the same result.may be a firmware version upgrade may solve the problem.let me wait and try.
          meanwhile really nice of u for ur respnse,and my best wishes and regards

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"