RSP-1068 1.2.2 software update and EPROM update - apply which first?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tennberg
    • Sep 2004

RSP-1068 1.2.2 software update and EPROM update - apply which first?

Hi everyone,

I am hoping I interpreted Rotel's instructions correctly, as I applied the 1.2.2 software update first, set the unit to default factory settings, and then applied the EPROM update second.

Was I correct in doing it this way?

Thanks.
  • Boone38
    • Dec 2004

I would say that this is correct. I just updated my 1068 the same way. After the factory default settings then power up the unit and reset all your custom adjustments.
    I also found that most of my prior adjustments carried over.

Good Luck

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Actually I'd recomend doing the EPROM first then the firmware...at least that's what most of us have been doing in the past.

Comment

• tennberg
        • Sep 2004

Should I redo it again? After applying the firmware first then the EPROM update, the 1068 still correctly shows 1.2.2 as the software installed.

What are your thoughts? Since Rotel didn't really say which to do first on their website, I'd assume it didn't matter.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

I don't think it really matters one way or the other and if everything appears to be working well don't go looking for a problem

Comment

• tennberg
            • Sep 2004

Hey all,

I spoke to Rotel tech support and they suggested reapplying the EPROM udpate first and then the 1.2.2 software update second, as I may not have some features enabled.

After I set the 1068 to factory defaults, is there anything I can check to make sure my unit has the 1.2.2 software correctly installed? Is there a menu setting I can check to see if a certain feature is active, thus knowing the 1.2.2 software has all features enabled?

Thanks.

Comment

• Radec
              • Jan 2005

I'd feel confident that if you did as Rotel said and applied the EPROM update and then the software update that everything was applied correctly. In case you didn't know holding mute down for 5 secs will display the current version.

Comment

• tipex
                • Jan 2005

I'll post this here instead of opening a new thread. I updated my software and EPROM yesterday which all went fine. I wrote down all my settings (I thought) but I found out I forgot to write down my DB-corrections. So I popped in Avia, got my SPL-meter and started, on my old software (1.7) I had to correct most of my speakers but now they were all good, I only had to adjust my left surround speaker 1 db. I didn't read about any changes regarding this so I'm glad I forgot to write these settings down and actually checked them again.

Anyone else noticed this?

Comment

• Stevebez
                  • Oct 2003

It seems only if you do the EPROM upgrade you need to reset all settings ... changing software to 1.2.2 did not affect any settings ... no noticible changes either from 1.2.1. ... other than me breaking one of the dip switch levers with all this software changing going on argh !!!!!!!!!!!

Rgds Steve

Comment

• tennberg
                    • Sep 2004

Hi all,

I reapplied the EPROM udpate last night first and then applied the 1.2.2 software udpate. Everything went smoothly.

One thing I did notice is that when I am on a random cable channel, the RSP-1068 now displays "Dolby PLII Cinema" rather than what I thought it used to say, "Dolby PLII + Cinema". Is this correct?

Comment

• TimGRA
                      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by tennberg
                      Hi all,

I reapplied the EPROM udpate last night first and then applied the 1.2.2 software udpate. Everything went smoothly.

One thing I did notice is that when I am on a random cable channel, the RSP-1068 now displays "Dolby PLII Cinema" rather than what I thought it used to say, "Dolby PLII + Cinema". Is this correct?

I had the same question and this is a direct answer from Mike Sheehan at Rotel.

"To scroll to PLII Game mode, or normal Pro Logic, simply go to Pro Logic II mode either by pressing the front panel PLII button, or by using the '+' or '-' buttons on the remote. When you are in this mode, then press the 'SUR+'
                      button on the RR 1050 remote, following by '+' or '-' to toggle through the
                      4 Pro Logic Modes (Music, Cinema, Game & Pro Logic). You can also change it by going to the OSD, the INPUT SETUP Menu, and set your default mode to Pro Logic II. When you do, a small 'options' icon will appear on the bottom of the menu. When you go down to and select this icon it will bring you to a Pro Logic options page allowing you to pick which PLII mode you want.

With all inputs on the RSP 1068, the default mode is different for Analog and Digital signals. So in other words, Video 1 has both an Analog Default mode AND a Digital Default mode. Right now PCM 2CH is the default for a Digital source, but if there is no digital signal present, the unit defaults to analog mode & looks at the analog default mode, which is PLII C based on your description."

tim

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"