• mrkiko
    • Nov 2004

RMB-1095 or RMB-1066 + RB-1080

Hi everyone,

if the pre/pro is an RSP-1068, the speakers are 2xN804 + 2xN804 + HTM2
    and
    music is 70% ht is 30%

then:

does a brigged RMB-1066 for the center and surrounds + an RB-1080 for the fronts make a better choice over a RMB-1095?

Sorry if i keep asking "similar" questions on this forum, but i still don't have clear ideas and now i really want to step forward from my current receiver , so any input will be highly appreciated!!!
    Thanks for your patience .
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

No not really. Bridging the 1066 isn't something I'd recomend if there are other alternatives. The 1095 would be a better solution...or try the 1075/1080 combo and bi-amp the centre speaker if need be.

Comment

• mrkiko
      • Nov 2004

Thanx Andrew.

Comment

• mrkiko
        • Nov 2004

Placement question

Originally posted by Andrew Pratt
        No not really. Bridging the 1066 isn't something I'd recomend if there are other alternatives. The 1095 would be a better solution...or try the 1075/1080 combo and bi-amp the centre speaker if need be.
        Do you think that it would be safe to pile the 1075/1080 one directly on the top of the other? Or I would go into overheating problems?
        Thanks.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Ideally I would never stack amps. The 1075 runs pretty cool though so adding the 1080 on top might not cause a problem but if at all possible I'd avoid it if you can.

Comment

• PewterTA
            • Nov 2004

My 1095 and 1080 run mildly warm even during vary demanding passages. If I have it really really cranked (like 76+ on my 1098 ) is really the only time when they start to get decently warm to the touch...but as soon as I go back to normal listening levels (~50ish) they cool down real quick. I only have about 1" - 2" of space above them...which is bad, but it's all I can do for this moment. One thing I found is that having the 1080 used on my L/Rs all the heat it produces during music listening, my 1095 is off...and during movie viewing with both on, they only get mildly warm since the variations in how much power are required change moment to moment.

I would put the 1080 ontop of the 1075 (just even for a weight factor), then make sure you have good room around and above them and you should be perfectly fine. If you notice them getting hot, just re-arrange things.
            Digital Audio makes me Happy.
            -Dan

Comment

• Azeke
              Super Senior Member
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Andrew Pratt
              Ideally I would never stack amps. The 1075 runs pretty cool though so adding the 1080 on top might not cause a problem but if at all possible I'd avoid it if you can.
              Indeed, I agree with Andrew. I actually had my RB-1080 stacked on my RMB-1095, the 1095 was fine, but the 1080 ran a little hot for my taste. So I just took my time and put the 1080 on a separate rack. The 1080 still run warmer than the 1095, but not as much.

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"