X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spkerguy
    • Jun 2005

Rotel 1095 and Classe CA-2200 for 7.1??

I'm looking to go to 7.1 once my home theater is completed and was wondering how to do so. Here is my setup: Rotel 1095, Energy Veritas 2.4i, center and surrounds, old lexicon processor (which will be upgraded). This setup will be used for 60%HT and 40% 2 channel listening. How bad would it be if I mixed amplification and used the Classe 2200 for the fronts (would like it for 2 channel) and then the 1095 for the center, rears, and sides. Everything would be 200 watts across the board. What would be the audible differences in HT? All comments will be appreciated!

Thanks,

Ken
  • PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

The only thing you're going to hear is the differences in quality of the amps. I think your 2ch will increase with the Classe amp, but for home theater use, you won't notice a ton of difference, maybe slight less quality in the center over the mains...
    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
    -Dan

Comment

• spkerguy
      • Jun 2005

Thanks for your reply. What kind of differences do you think I'll hear?

Ken

Comment

• rhoffman000
        • Sep 2004

I think you'd need to hear them for yourself to determine if there's a difference. Arguably, if you're not pushing the amp close to its limits, you may hear no difference at all.

Comment

• EAmin
          • Aug 2004

I think I would recommend the 3-Channel Classe (CA-3200) for the front so that you have a great front stage. Remember, that your center is one of your more important speakers in HT. Give it the best amplification you can. I think the 1095 will be great for the rears. Rear amplification is not as important as the front.

I'm entertaining doing the same thing in my 7.1. I have a 1090 and 1095. I'm thinking about introducing the 3200 for improved 2-channel and HT.

Comment

• NonSense
            • Nov 2003

Ken

I would agree with EAmin that the whole front stage is important and HT will perform its best when matched. IMO, the Classe would have the edge for 2Ch, so the CA-3200 would be a great choice. For the surrounds, I would throw out the option of using a Rotel 1075. The surround content in most HT playback is modest when compared to the audio content of the front stage. I would sacrifice the watts in the surrounds, if it meant I could swing the CA-3200 across the fronts.

I wasn't sure from your post if you already had the 1095?
            Bruce

Comment

• stewfoo
              • Jul 2005

I just got the 3200 for my front 3..... and it is a nice difference from the 1095...
              Stew

Comment

• Andrew M Ward
                • Apr 2005

I use my 3200 for all kinds of listening; I frequently swap it back and forth when trying to figure out the "differences" between amplifiers. Example:

I will set up a 2 channel session with a class D amplifier, and then switch to some other test piece... I'll do that for a while, but ultimately I'll end up comparing them both back to the Classe' 3200 as a kind of reference point.

The Classe' power amplifiers are so honest that they make excellent reference sources. They are stone cold flat from 10 Hz to 100 kHz... which is unreal performance and credibility... it allows you to gauge the differences between other "designed" products.... a nice tool and a huge performer (a Monster)

Abby Road Studios agrees (oh yeah, and Skywalker Ranch too)...

Just a thought...

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"