discreet codes for SP-1098 front panel display?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cowanrg
    • Feb 2004

discreet codes for SP-1098 front panel display?

does anyone have codes that you can turn on and off the front panel display on the 1098? when i play movies, i like to keep it off and because my xbox doesnt have dual outputs, i turn it off when playing xbox.

i know you can hold down the menu button to toggle it off, and i just end up doing that, but i would rather just have a single button click programmed into my universal (mx-700). thanks!
  • PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

Why not just set your display to sleep so it will only come on when you adjust one of the settings on the 1098, then turn back off after like 5 seconds....??

That's what I do.
    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
    -Dan

Comment

• Cowanrg
      • Feb 2004

well, i do set the screen to sleep almost every time i use it, but that goes away when i turn it off. i have to reset it every time i use it.

i wasnt aware that i could permanently set it to stay on for 5 seconds and go off again. if i can do that, that would be best.

Comment

• Mark1Ace1
        • Jun 2005

Hmmm, you should not have to keep setting the sleep function every time it has been turned off....

Comment

• Kevin D
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Oct 2002

Perhaps his definition of SLEEP is holding the menu button down. In the most recent firmware updates, there's a new option in the menu to keep it in sleep mode. Cowan, what firmware is your 1098 at?

Kevin D.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

As kevin says download and install the latest firmware code (make sure you get the right one for your version) as it now includes that ability. If you've got any questions on which one you need ask as you can cause problems installing the wrong version.

Comment

• Cowanrg
              • Feb 2004

oh, if its an a firmware update, ill just do that.

when i ordered it, i told my rotel rep to hook me up with the latest firmware update. i guess he didnt. ill just update the firmware then, thanks!

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

Also make sure its got the lastest Eprom as well.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"