A 1098 question regarding loss of sound ????

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chinets
    • Jun 2005

A 1098 question regarding loss of sound ????

Hi Ya'll,
    My 1098 Rotel Processor has my 3 satellite decoders on Video 3, 4 and 5.

On Video 4 ONLY as the rest act perfect In 5 channel or PLC 2 or dts neo 6, the sound of the front Left speaker and Back Left speaker and Center work but not the Right front or rear work during these sound choices especially In 5 Channel and this has been acting up lately ,and sometimes it works ,and sometimes it doesn't.
    If I put the choice of Music 1, 2, 3 it works so really it is not the reception as one would think ,receiving the satellite image and sound in Mono is not possible beacuse then how come I can get the sound processed in the right front and right backwhen it is in Music 1, 2, or 3 mode???
    Very bizzare??? Does anyone have a soution here or has this ever happened to anyone?? Can this be a faulty 1098 as the rest of the outputs work in 5 channel and all seems good????
    Can anyone urgently help me please!!
    Thanks,
    Chinets
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Just did some testing. If I don't have a right cable plugged in, 5ch stereo will only play out of the left speakers (front and rear).

So, that means the 1098 is not getting a signal for the right. There's three possibilities; sat unit, cable, or 1098. If you swap the cables going into video 3 and video 4 an the problem moves to video 3, you have a bad sat or cable. If it stays on video 4 you have a bad input on the 1098. Nice thing is they can just send you an analog input board and you can swap it out.

Given that it sometimes works, it might just be a loose cable and swapping video 3 & 4 might make the problem go away.

Kevin D.

Comment

• chinets
      • Jun 2005

Kevin D,
      Thanks for your input and your help. I will check this all out at home as you stated above and let you know what the out come was.
      I appreciate your kind help and attention and I believe you are 100% right.
      Will answer you as soon as this problem is solved.
      Thanks pal,
      Chinets

Comment

• chinets
        • Jun 2005

Kevin D,
        You are awsome!!!WOW!! amazing as you detected the problem surgicaly.
        Yup!!!!! It was the cables and all fixed now!!perfect.!!
        Thanks for your kind and accurate advice..You're a genious pal!!!!!
        Do you have an electronics background??? I'm amazed!!
        Best wishes to you ,and I appreciate all your wonderful help.
        Chinets

Comment

• PewterTA
          • Nov 2004

I think it's from all of us just playing around with stuff we find out solutions to various problems. Kevin definitely knows his stuff though! Good job!

Glad to hear it's working chinets!
          Digital Audio makes me Happy.
          -Dan

Comment

• Kevin D
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Oct 2002

Glad to hear you found the problem.

I am an AV installer/designer by trade, but my education is actually in international business (go figure...).

Kevin D.

Comment

• chinets
              • Jun 2005

Well great Job Kevin D, and thanks again for your kind advice.
              Wish I could understand electronics and stuff!!!
              Thanks you guys (PewterTa and Kevin D) for your good wishes,
              Chinets

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"