X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Swilliams97
    • Jul 2005

1098 video cutting out

I have a new 1098 with both DVD and Scientific Atlanta cable box connected with Comp cables and using video switching. Time Warner Cable suggested setting cable box for 1080i output only and when the 1098 was set for progressive output I got horizontal lines and distortion at the top of the screen, so I changed the 1098 to non-progressive and the lines went away. Everythink seemed to be fine for 2 weeks but now I am having the video cut out several times a minute. The input label on the Mitsubishi DLP tv comes on when the picture comes back after a second as if the 1098 is losing the signal from the cable box. When I hook the cable box directly the the TV, every thing is OK. Does my 1098 have a problem or does is video switching problematic?
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Any input over 480i has to be set to progressive or you will get loss of picture as you describe. Set it back on and lets figure out why you are getting lines.

On your box I would enable 480i, 720p, and 1080i outputs. The mits DLP can support 720p so there is no reason to have the box convert it. In addition, the mits will do a lot better job of scaling 480i to 720p then your cable box..
    Even though all your SD channels will be sent over in 480i, leave the progressive on for the HD channels.

Good luck,

Kevin D.

Comment

• pembroke
      • Jun 2005

I do not send a video signal through my 1098, it just gives an opportunity to degrade the quality. Can you go direct from the cable box to the projector?

Comment

• Swilliams97
        • Jul 2005

Yes, I could, but I like the convenience of just switching one input so I we can resolve this problem I would prefer it.
        Steve

Comment

• Swilliams97
          • Jul 2005

I have just returned the 1098 to the dealer for a software update and they will try to reseat the video cards. The demo I am using does not have the problem.

Comment

• Swilliams97
            • Jul 2005

Just returned from the dealer who tried reseating the component video card but the 1098 is still showing the same horizontal lines when in progressive mode. When I turn progressive off the lines go away. The dealer said it seamed to work fine at his store.

Comment

• Kevin D
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Oct 2002

Was the demo piece also a 1098? If so, there's a problem with yours that needs to be fixed or replaced. Something in your system is causing the lines on your 1098 reguardless of whether it does it at the store or not.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"