X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Whozit
    • Jan 2003

Want to try passive bi-amp

I have a 1066 pre/pro and 1075 amp that are temporarily driving a pure 2 channel system with Paradigm Studio 100v.3. Since I have some spare channels on the amp, I thought I would play around with bi-amping the 100s to see if it made any difference. My question is how do i get the front L/R signal to the other 2 channels on the amp? Do I use a Y adapters from the Prepro front L/R outputs (2 channel), or can I set all speakers to large, no SW, and use the surround outputs on default settings (4 channel)?

Thanks in advance for your help
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

You going to want to use Y-cables and just split the fronts. Let us know how it goes, most people return with an "eh, it was ok".

Kevin D.

Comment

• csuzor
      • Nov 2004

Yes, you can set the pre/pro to 4 or 5 channel output from a stereo source, and connect
      L pre/pro out to L amp in and L amp out to L speaker input 1
      sL pre/pro out to sL amp in and sL amp out to L speaker input 2
      R pre/pro out to R amp in and R amp out to R speaker input 1
      sR pre/pro out to sR amp in and sR amp out to R speaker input 2

It's a simple, zero cost test of passive bi-amp. I do it on my AV system. On my A-only system, I use split outputs from the source into external inputs (using the CB1 and CB2 for L and R), but it's a 1068 (8 channels).

Or you need 2 Y adapters cables.
      Make sure you remove the connector between the terminals on the speaker.

Comment

• DL86
        • Sep 2005

I also have paradigm studio 100 v3 speakers running off a rotel rb-1080. Could you give us some feed back on how much benefit you got from biamping the speakers? If there is a big jump in performance I might consider buying another RB-1080 for bi-amping the 100's.

Cheers, David

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"