X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fhsun
    • Oct 2008

New Classic Pre/Pro & Rotel Pre/Pro

Hello, has anyone had the chance to listen to both New Classic pro/pro and compared it to Rotel pre/pro? Namely 7100 vs Rotel 1068?

Are they sonically similar or very different? How would you describe the Parasound sound?

The pre/pro would be driven by a Rotel RMB-1075 120w x 5.

I'm trying to find a dealer in my area to do some auditioning but any help here would be much appreciated!
  • lbstyling
    • Oct 2008

well i had a rotel 1062, for many years, and ive swaped it in for a parasound a51- no comparison there at all, the parasound is simply in a different league in my opinion, these are different modles to the ones you state but i demo'd the whole rotel range when i bought the 1062 and found very little difference between them all.- as for the parasound, ive heard a couple of diff ones -there a similar sound-(generalisation though) i hope this helps!

Comment

• fhsun
      • Oct 2008

Thanks for your reply!

I've had much trouble locating a dealer in SoCal that has a Parasound pre/pro to audition. I did find one with a Halo but that is at a different price level/class. I was even in SF Bay area where Parasound is located but still didn't find a dealer stocking Parasound. I finally just gave up on it.

I ended up auditioning/purchasing the new Rotel RSP 1570 pre/pro that just came out and I'll be receiving it in a couple of days.

It's too bad I couldn't locate the New Classic to demo the SQ. The new HDP70 is priced the same as the 1570 but it offered a few more features than the Rotel such as Audyssey.

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

fshun, you can look on Parasound's website for every authorized dealer and reseller! Easiest place to search.
        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
        - Pleasantville

Comment

• fhsun
          • Oct 2008

Thanks Chris. That was the first thing I did. However, many of nearby SoCal dealers didn't have Parasound hooked up for auditioning. Lot of them will only order. I only found 1 dealer that has one set up and that was the high end Halo.

Comment

• geode
            • Dec 2008

You can always contact the local dealer and see if they will work with you on it. My local Parasound dealer didn't keep the Halo in stock. We made a deal on one and he gave me a 30 day satisfaction guarantee on it. After 30 days if I didn't want to keep it, all I had to do was pay shipping back to Parasound and I would get a full refund less the shipping charge. You might note that Audio Advisor is an authorized Parasound internet retailer. They offer a 30 day satisfaction guarantee too.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"