X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tonych31
    • Sep 2004

preamp or integrated amp with HT bypass

My system is consist of Rotel 1068 (pre pro) and Rotel 1075 driving the surrrounds and centers. An Arcam P90 (power amp) is driving the main speaker. Ever since I am satisfied with its HT prowess. However I can't be proud when it comes to 2 channel experience through my Cyrus 6 CD player which is connected to the Rotel 1068 as well. Even my old Harman Kardon integrated amp can beat the rotel 1068 when it comes to 2 channel experience.

I would appreciate if anybody can share his experience with a 2 channel integrated amp or pre amp with HT bypass partnered with Rotel 1068 pre pro.

My objective is to have the best (maybe not the best) of 2 channel and HT experience using one speaker set.
  • pearsall001
    • Dec 2005

Check out Conrad Johnson gear. I have the CJ PV14L tube preamp that has a HT bypass. I absolutely love the sound and the switch between HT & 2 channel is a simple click of the remote. AH!!! modern technology!!

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2006

Used Sonic Frontier Line 1,2 or 3.

Kal
      Kal Rubinson

Comment

• ThomasW
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

I use an Ayre K5-xe

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• twitch54
          • Apr 2006

Depending on your budget there is a multitude of Audio Research pre's that will work beautifully. I'm presently using the LS-26 and couldn't be happier.
          Dave

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"