X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Magnepan "annouces" new centre channel

According to the Maggie user forum Magnepan is about to release a new centre channel speaker system. There's a link http://www.magnepan.com/mc1/ht.html that isn't yet a hyperlink of their site and there's no text yet so I gather they aren't ready to release this just yet but it looks interesting.

• Crimson
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Andrew,
    I saw that too. I was wondering if the 'system' is the first pic - as in 4 flapping speakers - or the second with just a single pair. These are not new if I recall, but are the MGMC1 line being displayed as fronts and center(s) simultaneously. They may be coming out with a new speaker but those pics mean as much as the text at this point, IMO. I would be curious, though, to see how they work as front speakers in 2-channel only as there will always be a wall against the outer edge of each of them (which ain't conducive to Maggie placement).

Q.
    Q.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Crimson I thought the exact same thing when I saw them. Given both my "towers" that flank my RPTV this isn't an option for me but it is an iteresting idea non the less

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"