X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jordie
    • Dec 2003

final touch

After many months of searching the internet..reviews,forums...and lots of trips to audio/video stores,I ended up with the following system:

4 Magnepan mc1 speakers
    Magnepan cc3 center channel
    Rotel rsx 1055 receiver
    Velodyne slp100 sub
    ....now I need a good dvd player(for both music and music) or separates(dvd player and cd player)
    I have found this dvd player witch I think is good quality/good price ARCAM DV78 and these two cd players CAMBRIDGE AUDIO AZUR 640C AND MUSIC HALL MMF CD-25 HDCD 24/96.
    My questions are:
    1) witch of these two cd players would work better w/ my system?
    2)if I get the Arcam dvd player, do you guys think that this dvd player is excellent for both movies and music..or should I get the Arcam for video quality and one of the two cd players for stereo listening?
    thank you guys!

memyselfandio
    memyselfandio
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

My questions are:
    1) witch of these two cd players would work better w/ my system?
    Well I'm sure they'll both sound like magic but I'd look at the Denon 2200 or 2900 instead as they're universal players that are about as good as it gets for video as well.

2)if I get the Arcam dvd player, do you guys think that this dvd player is excellent for both movies and music..or should I get the Arcam for video quality and one of the two cd players for stereo listening?
    thank you guys!
    Again I'd look at the 2900 is audio is important. You might also want to visit www.underwoodhifi.com and talk to walter about his modified Denon units. A mod'd Denon 2200 might sound better then either of those CD players and its video would certinaly be better. Either that or do what I just did and buy a Denon DVD player for its video and then add a quality DAC for regular CD playback.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"