X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mdrake
    • Apr 2008

Magnepan's Conspiracy

I have a thought. What is the the difference between the MMG and the MC1's? What makes the MC1 a better wall mount speaker than the MMG? Do you really think the MC1 would work that much better than a MMG hung on a wall? I am really considering sending my MMGW's back and getting the MMG's and wall mounting them. ThomasW said it would work if I had enough room but I am not sure what that meant.

Matt :B
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

I believe the reason he said to not use the MMGW's is because they don't have a tweeter so they don't play quite high enough. For surrounds they could be ok though and your room is not really big enough to use MC1's for the rears. The MMG's do have the tweeter I believe though. If you take off the cover on the MMG or MC1 you will see its actually a MTM type configuration with 2 mids on each side (electrostat) and a planar tweeter that runs down the middle. So if you want to use MC1's for mains I think the MMG's would be great for surrounds. My friend just got a pair of MC 1.6's which are quite large but we haven't had a chance to do anything with them just yet as he's a Neuro Science student working on his Master degree and I'm about to have a baby.

Comment

• mdrake
      • Apr 2008

Thanks for the reply!! They have a roll of in the highs but they also lack midbass punch. I guess I could add a tweeter to help the highs but they still lack the in the midbass. I love the openness and airiness to the speakers but want more both bottom and top. :B

Matt

Comment

• Hdale85
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2006

Well adding the tweeter wouldn't match the MMG's IMO because the MMG's have a very long planar tweeter that runs the length of the panel. As for low end you just gotta build bassbins for the speakers. Search around HTG ThomasW had a thread talking about the maggie's.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"