X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ecthelion
    • Jan 2006

Best stereo preamp for RB-1090???

for 2 channel expierience that's 100% of my goal(for now)i got klipsch rf7 i want to get rid of my maranzt sr8500 and get rb 1090 what pre amp would you recommend?should i keep my dv 6500(marantz)it plays sacd and dvd audio ???????? after seeling my sr8500 my budget will be lets say....2500$maybe 3000$(for amp ,preamp)
  • lmib
    • Jul 2004

Hi ecthelion,

when you have your preferences on 2 channel you should go for a dedicated CD-Player first. The Rotel RCD 1072 is a really great Player which kicks every universal till double price of itself.

I had a Yamaha DVD-A SACD 2300 Player which had an official price about 1500€ but the RCD 1072 for 800€ played so much better, that I recognized myself listening my hybrid SACD on the Rotel.

Now I changed the DVD also to Rotel cause the picture was better than the Yamaha and it looked also better in my setup.

The best processor for the RB1090 should be the RC1090.
    But you should try to listen a few at your local Rotel dealer.

Ciaó lmib
    lmib

Comment

• abqnmusa
      • Jan 2006

2.0 (stereo) was also my goal. I use my system for music & DVD's.

I am using the RC-1090 preamp with the RB-1090 amp. The connection between pre-amp & amp is through an XLR balanced cable. I use the RCD-1072 CD players. The sound is excellent through B&W 802 s3's.

I highly recommend all of the compoents. The 1072 CD player is awesome for the $$$$

Comment

• Kevin97225
        • Oct 2004

The Rotel RC-1090 goes great with the Rotel RB-1090 and I highly recommend it with Klipsch RF-7's.

I am running Rotel RC-1090, Rotel RB-1090, Rotel RCD-1072, and Klipsch RF-7 speakers. The synergy that this combo gives is STUNNING with a really big WOW FACTOR. I'm extremely pleased with this setup. You will be amazed this combo gives.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"