Rotel RB 1080/RC1090/Turntable....Out standing!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rantzmar
    • May 2009

Rotel RB 1080/RC1090/Turntable....Out standing!

I dont post much here, but just want to say I am very very pleased with the Rotel outfit 1080/1090 amp and preamp. And especially now if any one is looking for a very nice two channel system on the cheap this is one of the better ways to go. You may find both at Audiogon if you watch daily.

I've heard the story's about Rotel being to bright but I must say, I have no problems with brightness. I am using Analysis Plus cable for interconnect and speakers. This is a warm cable but I cant tell you the cable is whats keeping the brightness down or not, but this is a very good outfit. And I am using Canton speakers which are very different from Dynaudio speakers in that Canton has more midrange and top end sparkle and emotion and musical dispertion. I've had this two channel configuration for a little over a year and a half and it has served me very well and its a system I can be proud of. The phono stage on the 1090 is also a very good one. I have my TT running through it so no need to buy an external phone amp. While I do love this out fit, I will be switching out my 1090 preamp in favor of a tubed preamp, but th e1080 stays, and the 1090 will go in my second 2 channel system. So I just want to say...I am a big fan of Rotel.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Two Channel Room

Vincent SA-T1/Telefunken/Golden Lion tubes~Rotel RB 1080~ Musical Fidelity XRAYv8/XXXpsu~MMF-.7.1~2M Black-Grado Phono 1 Analysis Plus Phono Cable~Canton 830.2~ Analysis Plus interconnects and speaker wire.
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Great looking setup! :T
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"