X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Navy
    • Jan 2006

Switching inputs on 1068.

First want to say hi to everybody as this if my first post here. IMO there is nothing as competent on Rotel as Club Rotel. Just recently I became a proud owner of Rotel 1068/1075 combo. They DO sound really well. I still expect some sound improvement after burning-in. I upgraded from Yamaha 1500 amp + DVD mainly following discussions on this forum. I got my Rotels hooked with Marantz DV9600 via coaxial cable through "digital input video 1" input and via analog through "video in 1" input. When I play a DVD and switch (on the input setup menu) from coax1 to, say, optical1 or coax2 there is still a sound coming though only coax1 and analog inputs are engaged. Could you comment on that, pls.
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

The unit will default to analog anytime it does not detect a digital signal on the chosen digital input. So even though you only have coax 1 and analog plugged in, choosing coax 2 with nothing playing on coax 2 will default it back to analog.

The only reason for the 'analog' choice is to force it to always play the analog input.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Navy
      • Jan 2006

Kevin, thanks. There is a significant change of sound character (read: improvement) on switching from coax to analog, by the way.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"