X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kingdaddy
    • Jan 2004

Lost my Digital 1 Coax input…

Last night I noticed that there was something wrong with my Music Server, which is connected via Digital Coax to the #1 Digital Input on the Halo. The Music was modulating and dropping out the vocals and jumping from speaker to speaker, almost like the DSP steering was out of control. Sometimes there would be no vocals at all then they would be on the left front then right front, and the amplitude was all over the place. Switched to another Digital input and everything is fine.

Now for the conundrum of deciding on rather to send the unit back for repair and do without my music for a week or two, of just live with a dead input. Personally, I don’t think I could stand to lose my Halo for even a few days.
    My Center Channel Project
  • nicholtl
    • Aug 2003

A small sacrifice now will be worth the greater good. Just buy a cheap receiver and return it within 30 days when your Halo returns.

Comment

• Peter Nielsen
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2004

Schedule a repair with Parasound and Overnight it to them. (Parasound will return it to you with the same shipping method that you used).

Peter

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

Up to you whether you live with the fault for now. I've got an intermittent front panel knob, but since I hardly use the front panel, I'm waiting until we have a hardware upgrade for the C1 before I send it in to Parasound to get everything in one fell swoop.

The last we had heard was this month (June 2005) for an upgrade or new Halo equipment, either the actual thing or at least news. Not too much of a surprise that no news has come out yet. Hopefully sooner than later--I love my C1, but I'd also love to see it even better!
        Last edited by Chris D; 23 June 2005, 23:00 Thursday.
        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
        - Pleasantville

Comment

• Kingdaddy
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Chris Dotur
          Up to you whether you live with the fault for now. I've got an intermittent front panel knob, but since I hardly use the front panel, I'm waiting until we have a hardware upgrade for the C1 before I send it in to Parasound to get everything in one fell swoop.
          This is my thinking also; I would rather wait until I need something else done in my system that will shut it down for a while. Still will be hard doing without my music, even for a day, I just know I'll die, I can feel my breath shortening just thinking about it.

Comment

• Brian
            • May 2004

Kinddaddy,
            You may try popping the cover and pulling and re-attaching the ribbon cable that supplies the digital inputs.
            When my C1 showed up, the digital coax didn't work and it turned out that the ribbon cable had popped off during shipping.
            I'm wondering if yours may be loose to where some work and some don't. Worth a try as it's better than having to ship it off.

Comment

• Kingdaddy
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Brian
              Kinddaddy,
              You may try popping the cover and pulling and re-attaching the ribbon cable that supplies the digital inputs.
              When my C1 showed up, the digital coax didn't work and it turned out that the ribbon cable had popped off during shipping.
              I'm wondering if yours may be loose to where some work and some don't. Worth a try as it's better than having to ship it off.
              Yea, it's worth a try, not very optmistic though, it will pass the signal but the steering logic is all wrong.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"