X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Green
    • Dec 2003

1066 or not?

Boy I'll tell ya a little knowledge is dangerous. I was all set yesterday to get a new 1066 from my local dealer. Great price, love the unit's features and looks, I am a rotel owner-1095, 1080 tuner & rsp-980. Well I found this great forum and started reading the posts I feel like I am making a mistake judging by the responses to all sorts of issues. My question... is any of this really going to affect me. The unit was shipped 3 weeks ago to my dealer so I guess it has the freshest firmware and remote. ok so does that mean no bass doubling? What about the new model I understand to be introduced in the next few weeks? Will it be that much better vs the increased cost? I also am a 2 channel music lover, vinyl is 50% of my listening. Any of you 1066 owners want to comment on your feeligs with the 1066? I know my dealer will not be getting more 1066's so most likely today is my day. Or I could spend a little more and get the B&K ref 50, oh yea for the person who is anguished over his potential 1095 purchase- I love my 1095 best amp for the $ bar none! TIA for sharing your experiences. I'am glad I found this forum. Happy New Year!
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

Okay, I'll give this a shot. I own the RSP-1098, and with the introduction of the new Rotel products hitting the market, I would probably wait. I would think that the newer versions will have the updated DACs and processor, making your newly purchase 1066 outdated. If the new models are anything like the 1098 you would not be disappointed. Good luck.

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• skipm
      • Jun 2003

Green-

I vote for waiting too. No one has any information on the new models right now but the announcements are only a fews weeks off. If I were in your shoes I would wait and then if I still wanted a 1066 I would just pick one up either here in the classifieds, audiogon, or ebay. We are only talking about a couple more weeks.

-Skip

Comment

• Green
        • Dec 2003

Thanks to you two for responding!

Comment

• aud19
          Twin Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2003

Welcome Green :^x

I too would wait. We're all assuming that the 1066's replacement will be based at least partially on the 1098's technology and DAC's/processor etc which should mean improved performance. Like they said it is only a couple weeks (though I know that can be hard) which will only make it sweeter when you do get it!

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
          Jason

Comment

• will1066
            • Aug 2003

I would wait too. The 1066 is a great machine for the price. But the successor should be better by principle. Still, I would not jump on the new model right away but, instead, wait until there are some professional and owner reviews. It will most likely have a couple bugs that the first owners will discover. At the same time this model is making its way into the market, look for 1066 deals on the mentioned trading sites.

Also, B&K is discounting the Ref 50, so B&K is probably coming out with a new model too. Look for deals on the Ref 50.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"