X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joe M
    • Jun 2002

Upgrade 1066?

Just curious if you guys would make this move??? Trade in a 1066 for a new B&K Ref 50 for $900. I will be going to my dealer on Monday for a full evaluation of the Ref 50, but I thought I get everyones opinion.

Current set up: Rotel 1095/1066, B&W CDM 9NT, # B&W LCR6s2, SVS 25-31 PC+, Rotel 1072, Sony DVD/SACD Changer.
  • jimmyp58
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

I realize the price is tempting but why not save for a couple more months and get the Rotel RSP-1098? I know that I am biased but while the B&K 50 is a good pre-pro, IMHO I don't think it can hold a candle to the 1098.

Jim
    jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

• Joe M
      • Jun 2002

Thanks for the quick reply. I will be comparing these two on Monday. However, the 1098 performance #'s really disappointed me. (See my in the lab) post. I fully understand I should not (and I won't!) make a decision based on these numbers. If I feel the 1098 sounds significantly better then the Ref 50, I may do exactly what you suggest.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Things have also changed for the better with the newer firmware...not sure if that would show up on the bench or not but we've all heard an improvement with the 116 firmware.

the Ref 50's a very solid pre amp and it sounds like a good deal to me but as always listen and choose the one that represents the best deal for you long term.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"