X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Locutus2k
    • May 2004

Need an advice for new amp

Hi everybody, i'm a proud owner of an RMB-1095 that i use with an all Klipsch series 7 speakers system. I was thinkin' to upgrade to a 7.1 system, so i've tried to bi-amp my front RF-7 speakers with the 1095 using the Klipsch internal crossover, just for a try. I know this is not a true bi-amping (someone call it "fool's biamping") but the result was all the way AMAZING: incredible bass, more control and a cleaner sound: i've decided that i MUST have that sound!
    Now, what am i gonna do? Buy a new 1095 for bi-amping the front and center channels and use the remaining 4 channels for the surrounds?
    Buy an RMB-1090 for the front channels and leave all the rest to 1095?
    Buy an RMB-1066 only for the surrounds ...
    I'm confused, i need suggestions ..
    Thanks

Locutus2k

Sorry if my english is a little "eccentric"
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

Well, if you were that blown away with the improvement you got by bi-amping the fronts, then I'd say you should grab another 1095, bi-amp the 3 fronts and use the remaining 4 channels for your surrounds.

The next best option is to get the 1090 for the mains (FL and FR) and use the 1095 for the center and surrounds. Your center channel won't benefit from this, however.

Comment

• Locutus2k
      • May 2004

Question is: will the 1090 be better than a 1095 bi-amping or not?
      I mean: biamping the way i do does not give you all the benefits of a *real* bi-amping so i was wondering if with a standalone more powerful 380w Rotel 1090 will i have the same sound, bass, dynamic of a 200+200w "fool's biamping"..
      So confused .....

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

The 1090 will sound different then the 1095 given the more open sound of the 1095 vs the more "audiophile" 1090...I can't say which you'd prefer but for my I'd likely lean towards the 1090 since I prefer that sonic signiture...you on the other hand may not so I'd want to demo both before buying either. The 1095 would give you more flexibility down the road with 10 channels or power to play with should you want to do a second zone etc so that should be considered as well. Another less costly option is to go with the 1075 for the surrounds or a 1080 for the fronts bi amped with the 1095.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"