X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ATellis
    • Oct 2004

1068 OSD problem--HELP!

Just trying to set up the new HT system. Very simple for starters: the only input source is the DVD (I haven't even replaced my old CRT and cheapo DVD yet, but I do have the 1068, 2 Aragon amps (x2 and x3) and PSB Image speakers (5.1)). However, have run into startup problem/s with the 1068:

1. Can't get the OSD setup menus to come on at all. When I turn the 1068 on, the initial config appears on the TV for 5 seconds as the manual promises, then disappears. I also get the volume control changes showing on the TV, so I know the connection exists. When I press the menu button on the remote, the remote display says EMPTY. Using plain old composite connectors--should be no issue there.

2. I can't figure out from the manual whether I should use (for the DVD connections) analog only, digital optical only or both together. Right now I'm using just the analog (red&white). No sound if I connect both analog and digital outputs from my DVD to the Rotel. Of course, I can't tell the Rotel what digital input to use, because of problem described in 1.

I have read the manual over and over again to see if I'm missing something, but am stumped. Need your help to set this thing up!!!

Thanks so much!

Ashley
  • dermie999
    • Jul 2004

You need to switch the remote to AUD then push the MENU/OSD button. The EMPTY message is I suspect because your remote is switched for TV or DVD and the MENU /OSD button is not yet configured for these devices.

Comment

• ATellis
      • Oct 2004

Terrific! Thanks a million! That worked... now, how do I set up the OSD to work with an input that is non AUD. Not really an issue, but would be a nice to know if something needs to be re-programmed. Again, many thanks!

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

AUD is just a mode for controlling advanced features of the unit. It doesn't actually switch an input on the 1068. So on any input, just hit AUD, then menu and you're in.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"