Want To Improve Your RSP-1098's Performance?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimmyp58
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

Want To Improve Your RSP-1098's Performance?

I love the sound from my Rotel RSP-1098 as well as all the other features of it. I have been working with an ht consultant that suggested to me that he has sold many a customer upgraded power cords and they have truly improved the sonic performance of the equipment they are connected to.

This picqued my interest. I ordered and received an upgraded power cord for both my RSP-1098 as well as my Denon DVD-5900; I have also ordered upgraded power cords for all my amps. I purchased some L-9 power cords manufactured by BPT. As soon as I connected them and turned on the 1098 I noticed a significant difference in bass response throughout my system. Even my wife commented and asked me what did I do to the system because it sounds so much deeper and cleaner.

I am not a techy guy and I cannot explain why this is but the difference is unbelievable. Not that the sound was bad before it is just that it is now fuller, deeper, and richer with these new cords. I purposely listened to some CDs and DVDs not processed through the 5900. When I turned on the 5900, holy smokes ... even more benefit. Again, I cannot explain it (I am sure some electrical engineer can assist here) but I am convinced that if you are interested is juicing up the sonic performance of your system, upgraded your power cords will do the trick.

Jim
    jpiscitello@ameritech.net
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I have most of the parts needed to build a couple of sets of power cords for my system...I just need the IEC plugs for the amp side and I'm good to go.

Comment

• ht_addict
      • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Andrew Pratt
      I have most of the parts needed to build a couple of sets of power cords for my system...I just need the IEC plugs for the amp side and I'm good to go.
      Andrew checkout this canadian site for the parts.

What type of cable are you using for inbetween the IEC plugs?

ht_addict

Comment

• Azeke
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2003

Oh no, Jimmy not the dreaded powercord upgrade discussion again :LOL:

I thought based on another forum, that you were upgrading your 1098 to another processor. Have you changed your mind?

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

I have that site bookmarked as my source for the plugs I just need to order them one of these days. I have some rather nice 12 guage cable at home waiting for this project.

Comment

• jimmyp58
            Super Senior Member
            • Aug 2003

I am very happy with my 1098 but I am always looking to improve wherever I can. I checked out some other highly regarded pre-pros and while maybe they'll sound a tad better sonically, I'd give up way too much in other features (inputs, outputs, tft screen, software upgradability, etc.)if I were to switch. So, I remain content with the 1098.

The L-9 power cords are a beast and they serve the 1098 very well. I am even more happy now than before!

Jim

Comment

• Britchie
              • Nov 2003

At $349 for a 6 foot length this seem like a might expensive "tweek".

Is this something you can DIY?

Comment

• jimmyp58
                Super Senior Member
                • Aug 2003

It all depends upon your perspective...

This is not a DIY for me...way too many thumbs and no patience.

Second, I was prepared to possibly upgrade and plop down a bigger chunk of change than what I put out for an upgraded power cord(s).

Three, you've gotta have connections (no pun intended). I paid nowhere near the list price.

Jim

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"