X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sunprairie
    • Feb 2005

Denon 2900 vs. 5900

I'm going to buy a Denon DVD player and was wondering if someone out there has any experience between the 5900 and 2900? I know it's going to cost me about $400 more for the 5900, but would there be an advantage? I plan on keeping it for a while. I really know nothing about the 5900, but know that the 2900 has always had pretty great reviews. Or would it be wise to go to the 3910 over either of these?
  • audiofreak7
    • Feb 2005

I'd go with the 3910. Basically a slightly detuned 5900, but not the astronomical price of the 5910. It also has the HDMI output. DVI will eventually fade out in favor of the smaller less complex HDMI. ie...ALMOST all brand new (meaning 2005) TV's (high end) will have the HDMI input. You can get an adapter for the DVI but why waste $30-$40 bucks. Just get the 3910 and you won't regret it. All the upgrades and crap on the 5900 and 5910 in my opinion are simply for the rich. You could easily have the same audio and video results by simply buying a higher end TV and better speakers, but then again thats only my .02 :W

Comment

• audiofreak7
      • Feb 2005

Oh ya, sorry...............You can get the 3910 on the web from an authorized dealer for around $900. That 5900 or 5910 will set you back over twice that amount.

Comment

• mtodde
        • Jan 2005

I love my 2900. I am using my DVI input on my HDTV for HDTV and the 2900 is awesome for component video in. If you can do HDMI or have multiple DVI in or a switcher I could see an upside to the 3910, but if you will use component video for the next few years I can see paying extra for the 3910. JHMO

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"