X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wa5655
    • Jan 2004

Upgraded Power Cord for RSP-1098?

Hi, all.

I am ready to upgrade the power cord for my RSP1098. However, most after market cord has a 3 vertical pin IEC connector on the end goes into the RSP1098. The OEM cord only have vertical 2 pins. (not C7-rounded)
    Any ideas where to find an adaptor for it? I have searched hi and low without any luck.

thanks for any pointers!
  • mazuly
    • Feb 2003

I think you will be OK if you uses one with three vertical pins. The middle one will not be used. You may want to take out the ground prong on the male side as well.

PLEASE someone else correct me if I am wrong since I don't want ea5655 to blow up the RSP-1098

Actually, why don’t you email jimmyp58 and ask him about that , since he has upgraded his RSP-1098 power cord.

Thanks,
    Maziar

Comment

• jimmyp58
      Super Senior Member
      • Aug 2003

All:

I upgraded the RSP-1098's power cord to a L-9 power cord from BPT. It is a three-prong device on both the female (pre-pro) side and male (wall unit) side. I have had no problems with this despite the fact the 1098 is a two-prong unit.

Jim
      jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

• jimmyp58
        Super Senior Member
        • Aug 2003

All:

I upgraded the RSP-1098's power cord to a L-9 power cord from BPT. It is a three-prong device on both the female (pre-pro) side and male (wall unit) side. I have had no problems with this despite the fact the 1098 is a two-prong unit.

Jim
        jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

• justin
          • Feb 2003

I also use an upgraded power cord with three prongs and have no problems with it on my rsx-1055.

Jus

Taking it one day at a time. Life moves quick.
          Jus

Taking it one day at a time. Life moves quick.

Comment

• Ron Reda
            • Jan 2003

wa5655,

Check out this site:

http://venhaus1.com/VH_Audio_Test.html

Chris is a great guy to deal with and he makes an excellent product! I have three of his Flavor 3 cords in my system (one on my Rotel 1066 pre/pro, one on my SACD/DVD-A/V player and one on my DVD player) and I feel the sound of my system was audibly upgraded after they were introduced (the Rotel cord was first followed by the other two at the same time about 2 months later). His prices are also ridiculously reasonable given the level of performance. Quite a bargain, IMO.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"