X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paul2102
    • Jul 2003

1066/1075 and Denon 5900

I have a question on using the 5900 with the 1066/1075 setup.

The 5900 has a filter setting which allows you to set between 50kHz and 100kHz when playing SACDs. Set to 50, frequencies of 50kHz or higher are cut, and when set to 100, 100kHz and higher are cut.
    A note states to set to 100 kHz when a high frequency compatible AV amplifier is connected.

I emailed Rotel with the question on whether the 1075 could handle the higher 100kHz frequencies, and a tech responded to tell me no, that the frequency range of the 1075 is 10 to 80kHz as stated in there brochures. I emailed back to tell him that their web site says that it is 15 to 100kHz as does the manual.

I was then told that there was a discrepency between the brochures, the web site, and the manual and he would consult with an engineer and get back to me.

That was a month ago and he still claims he has still not received an answer from the engineers.

Is it that difficult? Does anyone know the answer to this?
  • will1066
    • Aug 2003

Huh? The limits of human hearing as a species is 20 Hz to 20,000 Hz (or 20 kHz). A lot of people have trouble hearing above 10 kHz, no less. Even if there is a discrepancy, it is moot.

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

I'm a little lost on this one too :? :?:

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
      Jason

Comment

• eelco74
        • Dec 2002

Not to mention that most 25 mm dome tweeter stop at 20.000 hz

Some ribbons get to 40.000 hz. SACD can produce up to 80 Khz and for real instruments it seems to help in representation.

So the discussion about 80K of 100K is useless ant purely theoretical.

Marantz AV8802, Marantz UD8002, Rotel RB-991 and RB985mkii, Rotel RD960
        Focal/Jmlab Electra 1028S, Electra CC, Electra SW1000S, Cobalt 705
        Pioneer KRL-37V, Epson EH-TW8100, Kinkping CES-180 77"inch

Comment

• paul2102
          • Jul 2003

Hmmm...OK, maybe it's moot, (or mute).
          But, when I set this thing to 100kHz, We can really hear a difference in the highs, and my hearing is not the best. If human hearing has a limit of 20kHz, they why bother to design amplifiers that go as high as 100kHz?

Anyway, I just thought I would ask. I'll check with Denon and if I can find a good answer as to why they have this filter and exactly what it does, I will post it here.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"