X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stevebez
    • Oct 2003

Power Cords & Plugs

Hi sorry to raise this issue again - but where can I get .... (I am based in the UK)

1. Better fitting IEC power plug - the ones that are shipped are really not up to speed.
    2. Double shielded power cord.

Had a Look at the ones from KEMP Electroniks and Isotek. Yikes thats' going to blow the budget!!!

The reviews on these cables startle me ... 4 and 5 star ratings ... I do not believe power cords can make THAT big a difference ... but would think better insulation / shielding will do more good than harm.

Rgds Steve.
  • pbarata
    • Feb 2003

Steve,

I also thing that power cords and plugs don’t make such an audible difference. However having a line conditioner or mains purifier can really make a quite audible difference. Even though Rotel RMB-1075 as already a very good power supply, using a very cheap solution as Olson’s Sound Fantastic (http://www.soundfantastic.co.uk/) I get a more cleaner and more subtlety and fine detail in sound. In my case I’ve everything connect from DVD player, TV, RCD-1070, RSP-1066, RMB-1075 and REL Quake subwoofer.

I still have doubts if I could ear any improvement changing power cords and plugs? One cheap solution could to is the one from Supra the LoRad (http://www.jenving.se/lorad.htm)
    Movies: Samsung LCD LE37A557, Rotel RSP-1066 & RMB-1075, Sony PS3, VdH D-102 Hybrid III interc, QED XT-350 & Supra Rondo 4x2,5 speaker cable, QED Qunex P75 coax, Monitor Audio Silver 5i/8i/10i speakers, REL Quake sub, QED Qunex SR-SW subwoofer cable, IXOS XHT458 HDMI, Supra LoRad, Isotek Mini Sub GII;
    Music: Rega Planar 3, Goldring 1042, Vincent PHO-8, Krell KAV-280cd, Krell KAV-400xi, B&W 703, Siltech SQ-28 Classic G5 (XLR), Siltech LS-68 Classic Mk2, Nordost Vishnu, QED Qonduit MDH6.

Comment

• Mark
      • Feb 2004

hi steve...check out the power cords by ps audio. they are based in boulder, colorado here in the states...go to: psaudio.com. as a matter of fact you can order them online directly from ps audio. i have four of the xtreme 'prelude' cables in my system and am very happy with their performance.

i too was a bit sceptical about how much they improve the sound but yes they do make dramatic difference in the sound as the background becomes much quiter, movies and music becomes clearer and more detailed. they do open things up a bit. i equate it to taking a veil off of your speakers.

keep me posted. rgds - mark

Comment

• eelco74
        • Dec 2002

Hi Steven,

A good powercord will definately improve your system. It opens up the sound stage a bit. Supra and vdHul have some nice solutions.

Since you are in the Uk, you can buy the Supra Lorad off the reel. Mount it yourself, and you will save a lot of money. And you don't have to buy a 1,5 meter cable, if you only need a short one. My power sockets are right behind my rack. So I only needed say 30 cm length.

Info on the Supra Lorad: http://www.supralorad.co.uk/

A store wich sells the Lorad per meter : http://www.supradirect.co.uk/shop/enter.html

I already have the Lorad on my RB-981. As soon as my rsp-1068 arrives, I will re-orginize my rack and also the power-cables.

The dutch distributor does not have the Lorad per meter, so I will order them in the UK as well.

Good luck...

Marantz AV8802, Marantz UD8002, Rotel RB-991 and RB985mkii, Rotel RD960
        Focal/Jmlab Electra 1028S, Electra CC, Electra SW1000S, Cobalt 705
        Pioneer KRL-37V, Epson EH-TW8100, Kinkping CES-180 77"inch

Comment

• Stevebez
          • Oct 2003

Super - thx guys off to the web - work is just too boring today!

Found supplier at www.hificables.co.uk

Rgsd Steve

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"