X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jordie
    • Dec 2003

B&W 703 speakers

I have heard lots of B&W speakers w/ Rotel 1055 receiver..but not the 703.Does anyone know anything ab these speakers and how they go w/ rotel 1055?
    I"d appreciate your informed opinion.
    Thanks a lot!!

memyselfandio
    memyselfandio
  • Scarp
    • Mar 2003

The 700 series are the successor of the CDM NT Series. The result is in my opinion a better looking speaker and also sounds quite wonderful. So, it seems its worth its money (since it is also more expensive than the CDM NT Series).

As for combining with Rotel ... B&W and Rotel can combine quite well. The 1055 is a very nice machine and even though its watt rating isnt high, its still powerfull enough.

However, If i was you, I would wait a month until Rotel brings out the successor to the 1055.

I had most rotel equipment (1066/1098/1070/1075/1090) and combined with both B&W 600 series speakers (604, 603, etc) but also with 800 series speakers (804, HTM1). Its a good combination, but so are a lot of other combinations

Comment

• jordie
      • Dec 2003

cheaper combination and the same sound?

memyselfandio
      memyselfandio

Comment

• jordie
        • Dec 2003

cheaper combination and the same sound?

memyselfandio
        memyselfandio

Comment

• spiffnme
          • Apr 2003

I recently listened to both the older CDM7's and the 703's. Both sounded quite nice. (yes, the new 700 series looks a bit nicer) Both had excellent clarity and separation. Nice tight bass. Fairly rich sounding mids. A good speaker. A bit on the pricey side though. You're definately paying for that nice wood cabinet. If you've got $2000 to spend on a pair of towers, I'd give the Axiom M60ti and it's bigger brother the M80ti a listen. You may be surprised. They have a very similar sound as the B&W 700 series. Clarity, Detail, TIGHT bass.

www.funnyfarmcomics.net
          All Daredevil, All the Time!

Comment

• aud19
            Twin Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2003

Also check out the Energy Veritas in the same price range. Energy's better lines (Verita's / Connoisseur) are a good match with Rotel as well.

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
            Jason

Comment

• jordie
              • Dec 2003

AXIOM M80TI AS GOOD AS B&W 703 FOR A THIRD OF THE PRICE??
              THAT'S SOMETHING I 'D LIKE TO HEAR.UNFORTUNATELLY AXIOM SPEAKERS DON'T SELL IN STORES....

memyselfandio
              memyselfandio

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"