X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Welshie
    • Nov 2003

RR-1050

Hi again,
    Does anyone know if it is normal behaviour for the backlight on the 1050 to only stop working for the LCD display if the batteries are getting weak? The buttons still light up but the display seems dead.

Also is there a way of turning the remote off? I'm sure I saw it somewhere but I cannot find any reference to it.

Many Thanks
    James
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

The remote is supposed to have a low battery indicator show up on the display but I suppose if the batteries are too low for the display to work then it'd be pretty hard to see... :roll: Also the backlighting is supposed to be disabled when the batteries are low so it sounds like you might have a problem with the remote itself. Is it still under warranty? If it is, take it back to your dealer, if not try contacting Rotel's customer service and see what they reccomend as the best route to take. I'm not aware of any way to turn the remote off... but that doesn't mean there isn't one ops:

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
    Jason

Comment

• Welshie
      • Nov 2003

Thanks

It's not a feature - the remote is broke!!! I smacked it about a bit and the light came back on...must be a dodgy connection in there somewhere. I'll be letting the dealer know. Slightly dissapointing that it's broken already (less than 1 month old) after no abuse at all...... oh well! :?

Comment

• Scarp
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Welshie
        Thanks

It's not a feature - the remote is broke!!! I smacked it about a bit and the light came back on...must be a dodgy connection in there somewhere. I'll be letting the dealer know. Slightly dissapointing that it's broken already (less than 1 month old) after no abuse at all...... oh well! :?
        Smaking it down wont fix it

Comment

• aud19
          Twin Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Welshie
          Thanks

No abuse at all eh....? :LOL: Just don't let your dealer read that post...lol On another note, you may have found a way of turning the remote off...lol Just that turning it back on might be a problem! 8O

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
          Jason

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"