Anyone compared the sound of Rsp-1069 vs. 1098?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BKSinAZ
    • Feb 2003

Anyone compared the sound of Rsp-1069 vs. 1098?

Anyone compared the Rsp-1069 against the 1098?

I am about to purchase one of these two toys and was wondering if anyone has had the opportunity to compare their sound quality against each other?

For the price of the 1098, is there a better processor?
  • Mig17
    • Jan 2008

I heard Rotel 1069 and truely I was not impressed

Comment

• dmcgowan
      • Sep 2003

Mig - are you ever impressed by Rotel???

BKS - not the 1069 but we listened to the 1068 vs 1098 last year and it was a no brainer. My worry today would be that you miss out on the newer Blu-Ray codecs though by going the 1098 (or need 7.1 out RCA on the player). Don't know about US prices but here in Aus, Rotel pricing is just looking too expensive vs. the Denon and Integra options in the market.

Originally posted by BKSinAZ
      Anyone compared the Rsp-1069 against the 1098?

I am about to purchase one of these two toys and was wondering if anyone has had the opportunity to compare their sound quality against each other?

For the price of the 1098, is there a better processor?

Comment

• BKSinAZ
        • Feb 2003

what impressed you?

If the Rotel 1069 did not impress you, then what did? You when with the 1098 or another brand altogether?

Comment

• BKSinAZ
          • Feb 2003

As far as sound goes, did you like the 1069 better then the 1068? Was the sound difference day and night?

Comment

• utkinpol
            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by BKSinAZ
            As far as sound goes, did you like the 1069 better then the 1068? Was the sound difference day and night?
            I was asking pretty much same question yesterday, and was told by a store owner that perhaps I should look at new marantz AV8003.

not sure if anyone had a chance to try it, I was after 1069 rotel but was told (and found it here too) that it does have issues with hdmi implementation.

Comment

• DL86
              • Sep 2005

dmcgowan, the 1069 is heaps cheaper now than when it came out $1699 AU on the international dynamics website. Lookin to get one after I get my new TV.

Comment

• WI Rotel
                • Jul 2006

In HT the sound is a wash. Analog is also basicly a wash unless using BW diamonds or equivalent, nothing lesser will be able to reveal the infinitely subtle differences in treble transparency (some would call it different character rather than flaw). The 1069's ability to handle full HDMI switching and HDMI 7.1 PCM audio makes selecting a 1069 over a 1098 a complete no brainer.

Comment

• BKSinAZ
                  • Feb 2003

thank you.

Comment

• Kevin D
                    Ultra Senior Member
                    • Oct 2002

My experience is the same, except that I found the 1069's PLIIx decoding to be superior.

As long as the 1069 will work with your equipment, there's no reason to think about the 1098.

Kevin D.

Comment

• JDH
                      • Sep 2004

After the recent Australian Retail price drop I've decided to order a new RSP-1069 too, I just need to find an owner for my RSP-1068, I guess there is always Ebay.

JDH.

Originally posted by DL86
                      dmcgowan, the 1069 is heaps cheaper now than when it came out $1699 AU on the international dynamics website. Lookin to get one after I get my new TV.
                      Bits of HT & 2ch Stuff: Rotel, Pro-ject, Oppo, Bel Canto, Elektra Audio, Benchmark, Panasonic, DSPeaker, Epson, Slim Devices, Belkin, Philips Pronto, Harmony, URC, Sennheisser, AKG, HTPC under development, KEF, Whatmough, Definitive Technology & Pardigm Signiture speakers

Comment

• WI Rotel
                        • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Kevin D
                        My experience is the same, except that I found the 1069's PLIIx decoding to be superior.

As long as the 1069 will work with your equipment, there's no reason to think about the 1098.

Kevin D.
                        I have to agree, but I wonder if the newest 1098 has the same PLIIx codec as the 1069?

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"