X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woo Wooooo
    • May 2004

RSP-1098 Trigger goes in and out

What has been addressed about the 1098 and why the trigger stops sending out voltage? Mine just started out of the blue. I do have the latest firmware and software, any help would be great or should i just get in touch with Rotel?
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

I haven't heard very many issues with the triggers. I would probably get in touch with Rotel. Perhaps they can send you that card just to try out.

Kevin D.

Comment

• PewterTA
      • Nov 2004

Did you try a cold reboot of the system? Turning the power off from the back for about a minute or so....?? That might work?

I've not heard of the 12v Triggers stop working. You sure you didn't accidentally switch the setting on the input menu screen for that/those devices.
      Digital Audio makes me Happy.
      -Dan

Comment

• Woo Wooooo
        • May 2004

One thing left to check is my mostercable HTS5100. the 1098 triggers it then the MC triggers the amps and fans. i may have to throw a meter and see who's killing the trigger now
        Good idea... However there have been a couple of cases of 1098s about a year+ old suddenly getting eratic with the triggers. Former moderator Adrew Pratt's early generation RSP-1098 had this issue some time ago and needed a board replaced... From memory at the time there was one other - so it is possible...

Geoff
        Last edited by Aussie Geoff; 21 November 2005, 03:40 Monday.

Comment

• Henk
          • Jun 2003

Great memory Geoff. The other one was me. I did have 12v trigger problems around the same time as Andrew in April 2004, and had to send in the unit for repairs. Mine was sorted out and since then everything worked fine. Apparently a relay had to be replaced, but I have no specific information on that. It wasn't just a settings problem though.

Comment

• Woo Wooooo
            • May 2004

I did send Rotel an email about a week ago and no reply yet. I may have to make a call to them.... will update... thanks guys

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"