X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xavierzx11
    • Aug 2003

1098 question, Need Help!

Ok, I have a question. I have the Rotel 1098 (love it) as my surround processor. I am video switching all my video sources (DVD, D-VHS, HDTV Tuner, Tivo, and X-Box) through it via the Component out to my 65" RPTV. I have just ordered a Sanyo Z2 front projector (Merry X'mas to me). I plan to try the Bravo D1 player (via DVI), but I would like to have my D-VHS and HDTV Tuner hooked up to both my RPTV and PJ at the same time? Help! :?

"Everyone has to have a hobby!"
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

I'm no expert but it sounds like you'll need some sort of video distribution scheme. I'm sure someone here will know more info but until then try doing a search on here and the web for "Video Distribution". Another good place to try would be your local dealer/custom installler I'm sure they've run into situations like this and can offer some good advice. You may also be able to use a video scaler if it allows for switching and multiple active outputs plus it would have the added benefit of scaling all your sources to at least one of your displays native resolution. I don't know enough about them unfortunately to tell you for sure what would work though...sorry

J.R.

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
    Jason

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

This is a problem encountered more and more by people, including myself. You in fact need a video switcher. I'm not sure who's building them, but I see a wide open market opportunity there for someone to include all connection options.

I don't know what makers such as my own Lexicon were thinking having 1 set of component outputs!

Lex
      Doug
      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

Will a video switcher allow him to watch different sources on two different displays at the same time though? If I understand what he's looking for he wants to connect his Sanyo projector via DVI and RPTV via Component cables and be able to watch any of his available sources, including different sources, on both at the same time. Ie: He could be watching his D-VHS player on his PJ while his wife watches something from the DVD player on the RPTV. Or he could have an HD Football game on in the two rooms at the same time from the same HDTV tuner for a nice beer swilling day with the boys

J.R.

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
        Jason

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

The guys above are right in that if you intend on sending both a component feed from the Rotel to the projector (great choice BTW) and the TV. I decided that for me the PJ was priority one so I have my component feed running just to the projector. The wega gets an s-video feed instead. For me the convienience of not having a switcher is more important then a slight improvement in video quality for the smaller screen where its less noticable.

Comment

• xavierzx11
            • Aug 2003

Does anyone know a good way to video switch DVI? That way I could run the Bravo DVD player and my HD Tuner from the DVI input on the PJ.

paul

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

I'm not aware of any DVI switcher but I'm sure someone will be out with one soon .

Comment

• Azeke
                Super Senior Member
                • Mar 2003

Paul, check this out this site, I'm not sure of the specifics on the box.

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"