X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marginwalker
    • Feb 2004

HTPC Video -> 1098 TFT Display

I'd really like to be able to use my TFT to access a bare minimum of controls from my PC, I'd probably configure a desktop with a couple of shortcuts, or program a start screen with 2-4 large buttons because nothing more will be legible on a fuzzy 640x480 desktop in 16x9 stretch-o-vision. Anyone try this with a S-video to composite converter, or maybe an older PCI vid card with composite TV out?
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

I certainly haven't, but if you get an s-video converter (Radio shack $20.00), in theory it should work, provided you can isolate the information from the PC screen and utilize the proper fonts sizes. I will test this theory once I return from my business trip, either tonight or tomorrow.

On a separate note, I have tested my computer via S-video to my Front projector via the 1098, and it worked well.

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• PiDD
      • Aug 2003

I am trying to get my head around this one as well. I have a ATI dual head video card now but need both outputs for monitor and projector. Otherwise I would convert the svid as you describe.

I may look into this. and just have a vga to tv converter?

Comment

• marginwalker
        • Feb 2004

VGA to TV seems too pricey for a "novelty". Plus I don't think I can cope with another single use product with its own "wall wart" stype power supply crowding one of the 4 power/surge units I now need. I am going to try second PCI video card with composite out, I have seen them for ~$40 and under. My vid card only allows one analog connection to be connected at a time, so that rules out using the s-video in my current card.

I suspect I can get better quality with VGA to TV, but that would be backup plan if the picture is too lousy with composite out.
        Last edited by marginwalker; 14 September 2004, 14:48 Tuesday.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"