X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stev
    • Sep 2005

RB1070+RCD1072 or RB1080 ?

The above is my current dilema. Already have RSX1056 and wondering which above option to choose - about the same cost either way. I want this to be my last spend for a while (stress want!). If I go with the 1080 I'll have to keep using my dvd player for music. Im prob 75%music/25%HT. From all reports the 1080 is better than the 1070 - but only marginally, however the 1072 is streets ahead of any similar priced cd player or dvd player in its price range or above ? Have I got this pretty much right ?

Steve
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

I guess the best question is, how much of the 75% is CD's. Plus how much of that is at higher levels where the 1080 would really shine?

I think you have all ready made up your mind, go for it. With the way Rotel holds value, going from the 1070 to a 1080 later won't hurt too bad.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Stev
      • Sep 2005

Most of the 75% is CD music. As far as volume goes my mains are pretty efficent - 91db so in 2ch volume on the Rsx 1056 rarely exceeds 70 the norm is around 60 - 65 depending on the source - but id say 70 is pretty much the max. Is the 1080 going to be a lot better at those levels ? or do you need to go louder to see a benefit ?

Steve

Comment

• Boombox
        • Oct 2005

what speakers are you driving?
        Regards :T,

Boom....a.k.a...."The Box"

Comment

• Stev
          • Sep 2005

They are Whatmough 4 ohm floorstanders.

Comment

• Boombox
            • Oct 2005

One their site, they don't really specifiy the size of the bass drivers. I'm running a pair of Boston VR2s (two heavy 6.5'' woofers) @ 4ohms off a 1070 and it does not complain at all. Even though the bass is rather loose at times, I ascribe it to the player I'm using...RDV1040...and the size of my room (4m x 4m). In my opinion, I'll go for the first option. 1070+1072. The source is THE MOST IMPORTANT factor. Plus the 1070 dumps 160Watts in 4 ohms as opposed to the rated 130W. I think the RB1070 is the most underrated amplifier in the Rotel range. I do think that they have been extra careful in designing this beast in sheeps clothing as it is the only stereo amp (apart from the RB03) that can be run in bridged mode.

Lucky you to have the cash for this excersice....Enjoy....
            Regards :T,

Boom....a.k.a...."The Box"

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"