B&K PT5/ST125.2 or Rotel RC-1070/RB-1080(1070) or Krell KAV-400xi with B&W 604 S3 ??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AudioAddict
    • May 2004

B&K PT5/ST125.2 or Rotel RC-1070/RB-1080(1070) or Krell KAV-400xi with B&W 604 S3 ??

Hi,

I recently purchased B&W speakers model 604 S3, they are connected to B&K PT5 (pre) / ST 125.2 (amp). The speakers are awesome but I'm not sure about amp, that I got about year ago. I see that most of you use B&W's with Rotel's electronics, also the dealer was using Rotel in all show room's. I was just thinking about selling my B&K and go with something like Rotel separates or Krell integrated amp. But first I wanted to get some advices from B&W speakers owners. I listened to Rotel and Krell amp's, but none of them with 604's. Rotel is nice and the price is reasonable I think that 500$ + tax for pre-amp and 1000$ + tax for RB-1080 is not bad. But there is Krell KAV-400xi same power as Rotel but 2500$ + tax price tag. So my only concern is that I'm not sure about selling my B&K amp and investing in Rotel or Krell, Is it worth doing that ?? Maybe you have other recommendations? I'm open for suggestions.

Thanks,

AudioAddict
  • tboooe
    • Jun 2005

audioaddict, i sent you a PM regarding the rb-1080

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"