• ropotamo
    • Nov 2003

Right Amplifiers

Intended loudspeakers:

Front: B&W Nautilus 803
    Center: B&W Nautilus HTM1
    Surround: B&W Nautilus 803
    Surround Back: B&W Nautilus 805

Which amplifiers you would recommend to run them and what is the preferred connection? My intention was to use RB1080 for front and RMB1075 or 1095 for the rest. Which one 1075 or 1095 you recommend?
    Or to use 1070 for BW805 as surround back and 1095 for all others?

Thanks for your replies.
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Welcome to "Da Club"

Well if your budget allows I'm sure you'd be happiest with the 1095 and 1080 on the mains. The 1095 and 1070 (for the surrounds) would be a more affordable option but I think you might regret the not getting the 1095 if you go with the 1075 though. So one of the two above options are probably best. Now what does your pocketbook have to say about the situation?

J.R.

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
    Jason

Comment

• Rock Dog
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2003

As said above, if your budget allows. I'd go 1095 all around, 1080 for mains. Although it does depend on the speaker ratings (power handling and such, of which I don;t know off the top of my head)

I've had my 1095 for a while and just love it. I just bought the 1080 on Friday, and hooked it up yesterday. Now, I am a long way away from breaking in the 1080, but so far I am very, very pleased. I just amazes me how things get better and better. I did a quick run through of some of my favorite DVD chapters. And the 1080 is performing wonderfully out of the box. I did not think that my front end could sound beter, but so far it does. There's even more seperation, and clarity from the mains. Especially during scenes that are mostly talking, with a music soundtrack behind it in the mains.

The reason I went with the 1095 in the first place was headroom. The 200 watts over the 125 in the 1075 gives my system breathing room, as well as the ability to go just about anywhere I want if my Mirages ever where thin on me (that does not look likely at all.)

I bought the 1080 becasue it matches the 200 watts per channel I had in the 1095, and there is the upgrade headroom advantage I spoke of in the last paragraph. Plus, I'm a little anal. I just thought it was "clean, neat e.g. COOL) to have 200 watts driving each channel.

-Thomas-

The easiest way to find something lost around the house, is to buy a replacement.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide Off-Topic section. It's FUN!!!

-Thomas-

As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide After Midnight section. It's FUN!!!

Comment

• art vandeleigh
        • Oct 2003

mmmmmmmmm 1080....*drooool*

how much did you pay for the 1080 if you dont mind me asking? and if you ever think of getting rid of it let me know!! :roll:

Comment

• Azeke
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2003

Thanks Rock Dog, now I may have to trade in my RB-1050 (powering the CBs) and upgrade to the RB-1080 to power my Mirage OM7's, boy my wife is gonna kill me.

Upgraditis bites again,

Azeke

Comment

• sikoniko
            Super Senior Member
            • Aug 2003

803's are rated at 250w, so if you choose to stay w/ rotel, you should go 1090 for front, and 1095 for the rest to get the most out of your system.

if that is not something you can do in your budget, then 1080 and 1095. with the caliber of speakers you have, you really should step up the caliber of amp.
            I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"