X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jaidel
    • Sep 2005

RSP1068 - CD Bypass

Good Morning (Aust)

After recently purchasing my first Rotel product I have been monitoring this site and thanks to the extensive and varied information available I now own two more. RSP1068, RB1080 & RMB1095.

My question is in regards to the CD Bypass mode of the 1068.
    I connect my Harman Kardon DVD25 using Digital/Coaxial and cannot utilise the CD Bypass. As a result I have the DVD25 connected with both the coaxial and analog/RCA cables. As the anaglog allows to access the CD Bypass.

My previous AV Receiver also had a 2 channel only setting (all surround modes switched off allegedly) and played via the Digital/Coaxial.

Can someone explain the process to me?
    Obvioulsy if I had a dedicated CD Player I would also be utilising Digital/Coaxial, so should it not be the same now?

Thankyou
    Darren
  • soundhound
    • Mar 2004

Analog bypass uses the 2 rca cables. The digital in will not give you "bypass" availability. You will have to come "out" of the cd player with the right/left stereo outs, and go "in" to the cd input on the 1068.

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

You can certainly emulate what your old receiver did by turning the sub off in stereo, and changing the sound-field to stereo. This will work with the digital input.

Of course this isn't any type of 'bypass' because the signal still has to be converted back to analog. The same applies to your old receiver, no true bypass on a digital input, reguardless of what they called it.

Kevin D.

Comment

• jaidel
        • Sep 2005

Thanks guys

I have now purchased some quality RCA cables

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"