Digital or Analog with Rotel 1072 CD?????

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chinets
    • Jun 2005

Digital or Analog with Rotel 1072 CD?????

Hi Y'all,
    What is the optimal connection for pure sounding Music with a Rotel 1072 CD equipment connected to a Rotel HT Processor?? Digital or Analog connection?????
    Thanks,
    Chinets
  • DL86
    • Sep 2005

I dont have the 1072, but I can definatly say you should be using the analog connection for music listening. From what I have gathered a digital output will sound more clinical, whereas an analog output will have more warmth to the sound.

David

Comment

• sprout
      • Jun 2005

Originally posted by DL86
      I dont have the 1072, but I can definatly say you should be using the analog connection for music listening. From what I have gathered a digital output will sound more clinical, whereas an analog output will have more warmth to the sound.

David
      True but always bear in mind the DACS :T

The 1072 has good dacs, but if you have a higher quality DAC. or one you prefer, then coax out of the 1072 yo your off board DAC, then analogue to your pre :T :T
      Cheers
      sprout

Comment

• peterS
        Super Senior Member
        • Dec 2005

why would you even go into the processor?

Comment

• sprout
          • Jun 2005

Originally posted by peterS
          why would you even go into the processor?
          Well his processor may be his only preamp! so bypass or direct to amp if amp has the input

Comment

• grit
            • Jan 2005

i run my 1072 in analog mode, but be sure to use analog bypass in your processor, otherwise you'll just convert the signal BACK to digital (in which case, i'd use the digital output).

Comment

• stewfoo
              • Jul 2005

With the 1068 and 1072 combo that I had, the analog out/bypass combo sounded much better. No comparison. But, with my new Classe ssp-300 I am betting that it sounds better using the DACs of the ssp. Also, it will allow me to use my new Velodyne DD-18 sub. I NEED CRAZY GHETTO BASS!!!!!!
              Sorry, you can take the boy out of the ghetto. But, not the ghetto out of the boy. At least that's what my friends tell me.
              Stew

Comment

• DrJRapp
                Super Senior Member
                • Apr 2003

Originally posted by stewfoo
                it will allow me to use my new Velodyne DD-18 sub. I NEED CRAZY GHETTO BASS!!!!!!
                Sorry, you can take the boy out of the ghetto. But, not the ghetto out of the boy. At least that's what my friends tell me.
                Then you should try a Jolida JD100A in analog mode. The JD is available for about the same street price as the 1072. It has tube final amps and a bottom end to die for.
                Jerry Rappaport

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"